• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Fall Signature Auction
5 5

307 posts in this topic

Just now, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Regardless, that's a beautiful book.

I've heard it said that a true Church enthusiast can verify the authenticity by the smell of the book.

(shrug)

Not after Harley's been eating his lunch on top of it!

On 11/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, lou_fine said:

You must mean like this Police Comics #1 which managed to fetched $9K or more than triple condition guide price:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 (Quality, 1941) CGC FN- 5.5 White pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 (Quality, 1941) CGC FN- 5.5 White pages....

Seems to be substantially higher than where it has been selling for in the recent past.  But then again, this copy here seems to present much better than its assigned CGC 5.5 grade from what I can see on the front cover.  Unless they are whacking it for the pronounced and heavy dust shadow on the back cover which is supposedly the kind of defect which they did not used to grade as harsh for in the past before.  (shrug)

with the recent announcement of the Plastic Man solo movie, that's probably the cheapest we'll ever see this book again.  Congrats to the buyer.

1 hour ago, atomised said:

with the recent announcement of the Plastic Man solo movie, that's probably the cheapest we'll ever see this book again.  Congrats to the buyer.

First that I have heard of a Plastic Man solo movie.  Do you have a link for this announcement?  ???

The only one that I have heard about recently is the Shang-Chi MOKF movie that has just been announced as part of the next phase of the Marvel movie universe (i.e. MCU Phase 4).  Apparently this is going to be their Asian take to cash in on the ethnic diversity and inclusion theme that proved to be so successful with the Black Panther movie and the more recently released Crazy Rich Asians featuring pretty much an all ethnic cast and director.  (thumbsu

Not surprisingly, the much under appreciated and long dormant copies of Special Marvel Edition 15 featuring the first appearance of Shang-Chi has now apparently more than doubled in price since this announcement came out last week.  :flipbait:

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

First that I have heard of a Plastic Man solo movie.  Do you have a link for this announcement?  ???

The only one that I have heard about recently is the Shang-Chi MOKF movie that has just been announced as part of the next phase of the Marvel movie universe (i.e. MCU Phase 4).  Apparently this is going to be their Asian take to cash in on the ethnic diversity and inclusion theme that proved to be so successful with the Black Panther movie and the more recently released Crazy Rich Asians featuring pretty much an all ethnic cast and director.  (thumbsu

Not surprisingly, the much under appreciated and long dormant copies of Special Marvel Edition 15 featuring the first appearance of Shang-Chi has now apparently more than doubled in price since this announcement came out last week.  :flipbait:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/plastic-man-movie-works-at-warner-bros-1167236?utm_source=twitter

51 minutes ago, atomised said:

Greatly appreciate the link although it doesn't yet sound like a sure thing, considering that they said it's still in the early stages and no filmmaker on board yet.

If I was speculating, I would place a higher bet on Shang-Chi MOKF hitting the big screen as opposed to Plastic Man.  

Either way, Police Comics 1 with the first appearance of Plastic Man and the still as of yet under appreciated Phantom Lady (i.e. prior to Matt Baker's take) would appear to be a good buy going forward. (thumbsu

On 12/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 12/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I've heard it said that a true Church enthusiast can verify the authenticity by the smell of the book.

(shrug)

Depends on what he's having.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:32 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 12/5/2018 at 5:37 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 12/5/2018 at 5:35 PM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

(shrug)

Depends on what he's having.

Generally something pretty savory.