• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL COMICS SOLD - PULPS - THREAD CLOSED
1 1

31 posts in this topic

GGG - GORGEOUS GOOD GIRL COVERS (FOR THE MOST PART).

10% OFF ON ALL REMAINING COMICS.....I close this thread TOnight....

ALL COMICS GONE!  THANKS TO ALL BUYERS! 

15% OFF ALL PULPS!  

FIRST, USUAL RULES APPLY..no Newbies unless you are cleared by me in PM.

I will pay postage in USA first class Priority..all else extra.  Insurance your option.  All items must be signed for.

Paypal if fine or check if need be...possible time payments (but I will need down payment), possible trades toward purchases with regard to the pulps only.

Please use :takeit: if you want at price listed otherwise PM...and take the chance.. 

I say Possible Pedigree because some are marked in the back as being from a certain collection as well as a few have the word "Ed" in pencil on cover..and I have seen that before in comics I believe. 
If any one here knows of that particular collection please lmk.  IN any case it does not affect the price.  

I know the pulp prices might seem higher (in most cases) but that is because these are the nicest pulps I've ever seen in many cases and I've seen alot LOL...and some are Super rare and Key covers..some have Robert E. Howard and so on.   This comes from one collection...and I have many more of the same for those who may be interested....contact me..LMK...  As you can see from the image...I have many and some that are not Spicy titles as well. 
ZaGmRp.jpg

f you are interested in a Pulp at the price (or agreed price) I will be happy to send you more images...but right now...I do not have the time nor do I wish to handle them anymore than I need to.  If you have a legitimate interest (as with pretty much anything)

Lmk in PM and I will get back to you with more info and post if necessary.  
IF YOU THINK YOU WANT THE PULP before you get all information...please post that you want on condition so others know you are looking into it. 

If you want after I get back to you with info etc..then I will mark as SOLD once you approve or we adjust prices if there is need to adjust.   
Right now I will list what I see...and what is listed often on the backing board by the original collector.  

First the Comics:
Note: Back covers are just as nice as front or better unless noted. 
I know there is some glare in some shots, ALSO ANY bumps you see or creases are from the plastic on covers.....if there are defects behind the glare or otherwise I will mention. 

JUMBO COMICS #142 8.0  OW/WP  $110 SOLD

JUMBO COMICS #93  8.0 LT/OWP  $150  SOLD

JUMBO COMICS #157 7.0  CM/OWP  $110   SOLD! 

JUMBO COMICS #131 7.5 OWP  $200>>SOLD

JUNGLE COMICS #95 7.5 LT TN/OWP CVA  $125>>>SOLD

WONDER COMICS #11 NICE SOLID BOOK...Cm/Owp tad of rust on bottom staple..does not affect pages.  Nice spine, no tears, no splits, no folds except tiny partial top right. Nice back cover.  Tight, nice centerfold.  I see no reason why this book would not great 6.0 maybe better. Probably as nice or better than the Cosmic that just sold for $600...my copy $400. SOLD

STARTLING COMICS #48 ...NICE overall appearance..but does have thin tape at bottom left corner about 1  1/2" long and 1/4" thick.  It is also miscut..not trimmed. Solid spine, not tears, nice pages Off white..nice tight CF with nice staples.  At least a 4.0 Shomburg (Xela) cover art...$350.... SOLD

PJogCy.jpg

HERE IS IMAGE OF INSIDE FRONT COVER..there is a 2" tear that runs in similar spot as where the tape is on outside cover.   

v9PJEj.jpg

PULPS - THESE ARE A BARGAIN WHEN ONE CONSIDERS COMIC BOOK PRICES: 

ROMANTIC DETECTIVE - APRIL 1938  - FROM THE 6TH STREET COLLECTION -(I've never seen an issue)..and this is as close to newsstand as it gets!  VF/NM  $2000
POPULAR DETECTIVE - NOV. 1935 - $450  NEAR FINE

SPICY DETECTIVE - SEPT. 1934 - VF - $750

SPICY DETECTIVE  - NOV. 1934 - WARD COVER - MAJOR KEY ISSUE - VF+ $1600
SPICY ADVENTURE - JAN. 1937 - FINE - "ED" ON COVER COLLECTION - ROBERT E. HOWARD "MURDERER'S GANG"   $1000

SPICY ADVENTURE - FEB. 1937 (minor scuff on cover, overhang on top and at right gone. VG+ $450

SPICY ADVENTURE - NOV. 1934 - 1ST ISSUE!!! Overhang tears, otherwise quite nice.  NEAR FINE - $1200

SPICY ADVENTURE - DEC.1934 -  Overhang tears otherwise real nice...NEAR FINE - $500

SPICY MYSTERY - JUNE 1935 - KEY ISSUE - "FANGS OF THE BAT" - Top corner small piece missing and minor chip at right and bottom left corner, less so bottom right corner.  $1000

SPICY MYSTERY - JULY 1935 - KEY ISSUE FROM THE 6TH STREET COLLECTION - SOME SCUFFING and tears at bottom otherwise near newsstand elsewhere...so FINE - $750

SPICY WESTERN - DEC. 1936 - CARLTON SCHREINER estate collection with certificate.  Chipping at right and bottom...other light wear. SOLID VG  $250

SPICY WESTERN - JAN.  1935 - Light overall wear...VG.VG+  $250

MYSTERY ADVENTURES - MARCH 1935 - 1ST ISSUE.  Multiple horizontal pieces of tape at spine area...elsewhere nice.  Scarer series.  Nice overall G/VG  $500

MYSTERY ADVENTURES - OCT. 1935 - SAUNDERS COVER ART.  Overhang tears issues..some bottom of spine wear...overall nice VG+ to Near Fine.  $700

Pictures to follow...

Thanks for looking

Joe. R.

7wdGIo.jpg

pBFFis.jpg

JgHx1F.jpg

31tEkP.jpgy7utiM.jpg

Pr0Opb.jpg

5JBI9d.jpgBXvuyv.jpg

kSbE2x.jpg

FD85p0.jpg

lDK2nk.jpg

Edited by storypapers

2 minutes ago, storypapers said:

That was an old image...long sold..I deleted it....you would choose that one!! :bigsmile:

:D No problem - I liked the cover on that one.  Those pulps are amazing.  

And still love the Military Comics I got from you.  Hope you and the family are doing good.

1 minute ago, telerites said:

:D No problem - I liked the cover on that one.  Those pulps are amazing.  

And still love the Military Comics I got from you.  Hope you and the family are doing good.

you are quite welcome..they were nice..but you should have bought some of the others as well ;)  
All good here...hope same with you and yours.