• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men # 1 Magneto Cover -Advice please
1 1

32 posts in this topic

I don't know that the Magneto cover is actually in smaller supply (and "smaller supply" aren't words that I'd normally ever attribute to X-Men 1) but anecdotally I can say that I buy X-Men 1's when I find them in NM shape for 50 cents or less, to fill a comic rack in my basement. They look snazzy, and they're dirt cheap. Anyway, after having done this for a couple years, I have stacks and stacks of Storm and Cyclops covers, but very few Magneto covers. Not sure why that is.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I don't know that the Magneto cover is actually in smaller supply (and "smaller supply" aren't words that I'd normally ever attribute to X-Men 1) but anecdotally I can say that I buy X-Men 1's when I find them in NM shape for 50 cents or less, to fill a comic rack in my basement. They look snazzy, and they're dirt cheap. Anyway, after having done this for a couple years, I have stacks and stacks of Storm and Cyclops covers, but very few Magneto covers. Not sure why that is.

It seems that there is something with the Magneto cover. Go collect.com assigns it a FMV of 75 in 9.8 while all the other covers FMV is 45-55????

2 hours ago, Martin4 said:

Ugh - just hopefully optimistic but reality is what it is

Oddly enough, I went to a Movie Trading Co today that sells in dvds, cds, vinyl, posters, and COMICS, and they were having a sale. Out in the middle of a walkway were like 50 X-men #1's from 1992, and none of them were the "Magneto" cover and all were "Storm" or "Cyclops" covers....

I went over 3 feet away to the bins, as it was buy one get one free and they have new stock with new bags and boards; Anyway, in the "X-men" slot were more X-men #1's from 1992 and these were mostly the "Magneto" covers lol I didn't bother to count the total of everything or all X-men #1's or even ratio's BUT

It did make me think of this thread :foryou: oh and they were all price at a $1 :sorry: they might not have been in the best condition either, most looked NM but 9.8's are fickle to me....

On 11/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oddly enough, I went to a Movie Trading Co today that sells in dvds, cds, vinyl, posters, and COMICS, and they were having a sale. Out in the middle of a walkway were like 50 X-men #1's from 1992, and none of them were the "Magneto" cover and all were "Storm" or "Cyclops" covers....

I went over 3 feet away to the bins, as it was buy one get one free and they have new stock with new bags and boards; Anyway, in the "X-men" slot were more X-men #1's from 1992 and these were mostly the "Magneto" covers lol I didn't bother to count the total of everything or all X-men #1's or even ratio's BUT

It did make me think of this thread :foryou: oh and they were all price at a $1 :sorry: they might not have been in the best condition either, most looked NM but 9.8's are fickle to me....

I checked my lcs and they had zero (0) X-Men #1s! They have a couple of 2s and the rest of the run in multiples but no #1s at all. hm

On 11/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, KobaltDog said:

I checked my lcs and they had zero (0) X-Men #1s! They have a couple of 2s and the rest of the run in multiples but no #1s at all. hm

That's interesting. These books were probably one of the most printed books of all time but I have noticed an uptick in price on graded 9.8 copies on eBay. Just wish mine did not have that indent.

3 hours ago, Martin4 said:
On 11/5/2018 at 9:17 PM, KobaltDog said:

That's interesting. These books were probably one of the most printed books of all time but I have noticed an uptick in price on graded 9.8 copies on eBay. Just wish mine did not have that indent.

No "probably." This book had the highest print run of any comic book ever printed. ~ 8.25 million copies.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No "probably." This book had the highest print run of any comic book ever printed. ~ 8.25 million copies.

Of which, I am certain I have 30 NM/MT copies - don't know where or how, but I got 'em. :flipbait:

Edited by divad