• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Sweetens CrossOver Service with Additional Incentives
2 2

55 posts in this topic

• Administrator

CGC’s new CrossOver service, which was universally embraced by collectors at New York Comic Con, has been expanded to include all CGC grading tiers on CGC's online submission form. The service has also been enhanced with two amazing new incentives. Click Here to Read More

The rules state: " Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder."  Does this include the outer hard case as well as the inner well, or can we remove the outer shell?  I have a large number of books I'm considering sending, and the size/weight difference would be huge.

1 hour ago, Shinwar said:
On 10/26/2018 at 2:03 PM, manetteska said:

So buy an over-graded (by another company) "big" key, get it re-graded (but hopefully stay blue) and re-holdered by CGC, and pay $10?

the $10 is if the grade drops

Yes, hence the "over-graded" part.

16 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

You forgot the "over paying" part too 

It depends; many buyers know a certain grading company is not extremely reliable and bid/offer at a much lower price in comparison. Some people were already taking risks with buying at these lower prices and re-grading with CGC. Now, as is probably expected with this announcement, that will be happening more often as the re-grading cost is (potentially) much much lower.

• Administrator
On 10/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, rucnok said:

can i submit online and get these crossover rates?

i dont see them on the fee chart

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/

They are on our online form now: www.cgccomics.com/orderform

You can click the Cross/over Regrade option and then enter your books.

• Administrator
On 10/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, manetteska said:

So buy an over-graded (by another company) "big" key, get it re-graded (but hopefully stay blue) and re-holdered by CGC, and pay $10?

If the grade drops, yes, it would be $10.00

• Administrator
On 10/26/2018 at 2:10 PM, DBatts said:

The rules state: " Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder."  Does this include the outer hard case as well as the inner well, or can we remove the outer shell?  I have a large number of books I'm considering sending, and the size/weight difference would be huge.

They must be in the hard outer shell, the could be damaged in shipping in the inner-well alone.

5 hours ago, Brittany M. said:

They are on our online form now: www.cgccomics.com/orderform

You can click the Cross/over Regrade option and then enter your books.

i just figured it out. i had to buy a membership to access the grading form.

just did it.  sending some comics tomorrow in the mail for the walkthrough service.

my first cgc submission!

@Brittany M. Hi Brittany, I looked and didn't see these questions so was curious on these:

1. If the book is a pedigree, I assume CGC will identify it as such if you can verify it with that ped's markings; however, I do not believe every ped has distinctive markings.  If I had purchased the book and it came without any COA or other provenance documentation other than what the other company notes on the label, what does CGC do in that case as far as preserving the ped?  If no ped label indicator is then noted by CGC, do I have the option not to move forward with that book prior to CGC deslabbing?
  2. When CGC lets me know of their review and I proceed with with CGC deslabbing and grading, is it possible to have the books serviced by CCS first and that cost be charged to me?
  3. Does CGC return the competitors label with the newly CGC graded book?

Thanks so much,

Jeff