• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Filter81 Sales Thread AF 15, Bat 1, Cap 1, Hulk 181 + More (Take 2)
9 9

145 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I first thought it was 12.999 than I saw its 129k Wow I never should have had mine restored from VG/F unrestored to 8.5 Ex back in the early 80's:makepoint:

My own purchase here rectifies a mistake I made years ago when I had a chance to pick up a Bat 1 from Vincent Zurzola, and I let a thousand bucks get in the way

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My own purchase here rectifies a mistake I made years ago when I had a chance to pick up a Bat 1 from Vincent Zurzola, and I let a thousand bucks get in the way

I could have bought a copy at Wonder-con 1998 cgc 4.0 for 9k.  Action 2 cgc 6.0 for 20k. I past on a copy of Fantasy 15 vg with a 3 inch rip in centerfold for 1k. Than Terry wanted 10k for a beat copy of Superman 1 I said 9k tops he said no. I am 20 years older and the prices of these books went 10X plus. Great book you got now.(thumbsu

17 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I could have bought a copy at Wonder-con 1998 cgc 4.0 for 9k.  Action 2 cgc 6.0 for 20k. I past on a copy of Fantasy 15 vg with a 3 inch rip in centerfold for 1k. Than Terry wanted 10k for a beat copy of Superman 1 I said 9k tops he said no. I am 20 years older and the prices of these books went 10X plus. Great book you got now.(thumbsu

Thanks. Hearing your stories make my own mess ups a little easier. I guess there’s many here on the boards with similar scenarios 

9 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Not that I know of. Just here, the Boards. We PM’d quite a bit. He knew I was choosing between the Cap 1 and the Bat 1, using the Heritage auction as a litmus test. 

Theres a lot more discussion in the thread titled “Cap 1 vs Bats 1”

That's a tough one... my heart would've said Cap, but my head would've said Bats... 

Wow!  Congrats to both buyer and seller!   130K bam no problem.   These boards are awesome.  This is why I got into collecting.  The hunt.

And yes.   banging my head for letting for not picking up an AF 15 CGC 4.0 for 4K back in the day 

Edited by Diaolos

I also recall passing on an AF15 a decade or so ago, but I am still a fool. Sold an IH181 5.0 for about $1000 just after buying it last year or so when I clearly could have found other ways to get that $1k. That book is moving at light speed since then. I have a sweet raw so I let it go, but what a buffoon. "I am a stupid" as Roberto Di Vincenzo said at The Masters (got that right this time).

On 10/27/2018 at 9:46 AM, Laita said:

.. if only I had one that $1.6B megamillions... would be all over this thread  (worship)

Funny, I was just thinking about how I would have spent the past two days in my underwear buying almost everything in this particular thread...had I won the megamillions. :cry:

Hats off to the biggest, craziest sales thread I've ever witnessed! 

I'm planning on re-listing a few books still available from this thread at lower prices before moving them to eBay.  (Captain America 117, Archie 1, Brave & Bold 28, Strange Tales 110, Green Lantern 1, Fantastic Four 45) Does anyone know if i'd be in violation of message board rules for starting a second thread or am I better off partially re-opening this one?

4 minutes ago, Filter81 said:

I'm planning on re-listing a few books still available from this thread at lower prices before moving them to eBay.  (Captain America 117, Archie 1, Brave & Bold 28, Strange Tales 110, Green Lantern 1, Fantastic Four 45) Does anyone know if i'd be in violation of message board rules for starting a second thread or am I better off partially re-opening this one?

Do NOT open a second thread unless you shut the first one down.  

4 minutes ago, Filter81 said:

Maybe to avoid confusion, you should hard close this one so people can't bump it anymore.  Then start a new thread with available books at current prices.

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:
27 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Maybe to avoid confusion, you should hard close this one so people can't bump it anymore.  Then start a new thread with available books at current prices.

Safest play. It'll be off the first page in 24 hours then.

:sumo: What I detest is the jackwagons that hard close a thread, but make one last post at the bottom to announce such closure, thus bumping an unusable thread up to the top again. :sumo: