• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: PGM Amazing Spider-Man 43

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

My father had this comic. In the 70s, as a boy, I cut out Spidey and the Rhino and pasted them on a piece of oaktag. I don't think my father got angry at me. :bigsmile: Comics were different back then. I don't remember him even purchasing bags for the books until the early 80s.

In any event, just picked this up again.  I'm sending this off to CGC and was wondering what you guys think.

The cover is firmly attached. The pages are on the brighter side of off-white.

There is a small, tiny tear on the back cover.

9Qb4Ni5.jpg

FEglJHY.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by cloudmover
Update

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I said 7.5, I can't believe that,6.0 I give up, nevermore will you see me grade :facepalm: I'm off to the PGX boards!

Well, it looks like a 7.5 whose grade was lowered because of the spine split and tiny-tear-back-cover combo. The split+tear together cover about 3/4ths of an inch... so think of how you would grade a 7.5 book that has a 3/4" tear. I don't always understand CGC's thinking with defects, but looked at that way 6.0 feels about right to me.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Well, it looks like a 7.5 whose grade was lowered because of the spine split and tiny-tear-back-cover combo. The split+tear together cover about 3/4ths of an inch... so think of how you would grade a 7.5 book that has a 3/4" tear. I don't always understand CGC's thinking with defects, but looked at that way 6.0 feels about right to me.

I'm OK with that really it is what it is, still not a bad grade. (thumbsu