• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I am inspecting old books...

33 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Howard the Duck 1 with a Brunner sig coming back today.  It got a green label and a 9.4 grade, which is pretty good since it had some damage, I actually think pressing helped this time!!

In due time when you become more knowledgeable about submitting, I do think you will regret sending in a Green Label.  I know this specific book means something to you but putting a book in a slab, at least for me, doesn't add to the sentimentality . Pressing takes away all sentimentality for me as it's no longer really the same book. If you love something, you accept it with all original flaws.

14 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In due time when you become more knowledgeable about submitting, I do think you will regret sending in a Green Label.  I know this specific book means something to you but putting a book in a slab, at least for me, doesn't add to the sentimentality . Pressing takes away all sentimentality for me as it's no longer really the same book. If you love something, you accept it with all original flaws.

That's the problem, they weren't original flaws... as far as the green label I don't care one bit, I have no interest in selling it.  I will probably send in Fear 19 as well.  I am happy so I guess that's all that matters :) 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:22 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

While I agree the book is worth slabbing and will present nicely, I hate to inform you that pressing will not remove the subscription 'bend'. It is obviously a color breaking crease. A crease that long will usually hold a book in the 5.5 range. I think they will put the Kirby note on the label and it will not affect the grade. Good luck.

It was exactly in the 5.5 range lol.

13 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

You nailed it Bob  ^^

Thanks. Nice to get them right occasionally but I thought this one was easy.  A really nice book otherwise, with a subscription crease, is usually a very predictable 5.5 .