• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Expanded Edition Lots of Weirdness!
5 5

124 posts in this topic

Howdy geeks! I've been stacking up stuff for a while. Upgrades, Collection clean up and just stuff laying around. Lots of GA this time. Many Friction House, PCH and weird old books. At least a FULL magazine box worth. A few surprises thrown in as well. Hope to wrap this up tomorrow. Baring another 18 inning World Series game... Go Dodgers!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Mystery in Space #48 Dec 1958

Weird scarecrow cover. I just have to do a "subset" on these in my Junk thread one of these days.

A sharp, very glossy, tight, clean, bright complete copy. Has a long, thin "subscription crease" down center. Has some thin color touch that bleeds through into the inside front cover in the black areas. Beautiful copy otherwise. Book and centerfold very secure to covers. Off white interior pages.

SOLD!

mysteryinspace48a.jpg

mysteryinspace48b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystery Tales #26 Feb 1954 Atlas Pubs

Classic Whirlpool cover. One of the better ones in this great run.

Spine is rolled flat and has some tape. Numerous tiny edge chips and tears. A few light creases. Back cover has some light staining and a small piece of tape at top left corner. Spine split up to bottom staple which is popped. A fairly sound, well worn reader with nice interior paper.

Was $40.   Now $35.

mysterytales26a.jpg

mysterytales26b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Fight Comics #25 March 1943 Friction House Pubs

Great action packed beach invasion cover. Loaded with nice girl art and violence.Fat 68 page wartime issue.

Some light spine and corner wear. Some minor glue on inside of covers. Single staple is still attached. Nice color and supple, yellowed interior pages. No pieces missing, or major tears or creases. Cool early issue.

SOLD!

fight25a.jpg

fight25b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

LONE RANGER 1938 Pressed Steel Toy Gun with Decal & Jewel. 7-1/2” long. Has decal on one

side that pictures the Long Ranger with a 1938 date. Decal is complete and very

colorful. Other side has a large red “jewel”. Gun is complete and has full, bright paint.

Trigger no longer clicks”  but still works  when pulled.  So cool!

Was $55.  Now $45. +  $6.50 postage

lonerangergun1,jpg.jpg

lonerangergun2,jpg.jpg

lonerangergun3,jpg.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Laurel and Hardy #1 1966 Gold Key Comics

A beautiful. clean, bright, tight, complete copy. Flat with tight, smooth spine. A few small spine and a corner bend. Does not break color. Back cover has a tiny chip and a couple real light scuffs. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Nice, white to off white interior pages.

SOLD!

laurelhardy1a.jpg

laurelhardy1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Aces High #3 Aug 1955 EC Publications

I can't recommend this wonderful short EC series enough. Full of outstanding art and stories about WWi air war. You just got to check these out.

A nice, flat, clean, tight solid complete copy. Some minor corner, spine and edge wear. Very neat, lower spine split up to bottom staple. No pieces missing or major tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, supple interior paper.

SOLD!

aceshigh3a.jpg

aceshigh3b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Jungle Comics #55 July 1944 Friction House Pubs

A well worn, chippy complete copy. Spine is a little rough. Book is for the most part detached from covers. Interior pages have rough, chippy edges. A couple small pieces out of corner at bottom. A couple small spine splits. A few interior pages have corners gone that do not affect art or story. Tanning pages but still fairly supple. A nice, complete low grade reader that presents well in a mylar.

Was $30. Now $25. Still cheap for a 1944 comic book!

jungle55a.jpg

jungle55b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Thrilling Sports Pulp Magazine Fed 1937 Thrilling Pubs

Cool Boxing cover! Jack Dempsey story.

A VERY Nice, clean, flat, bright complete copy. Square, tight spine with full paper. A few very minor edge overhang tears. No pieces missing, tears or creases. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple with no interior damage. Pulps are hard to find in this shape!

Was $20.   Now $15.

thrillingsportspulpfeb1.jpg

thrillingsportspulpfeb2.jpg

thrillingsportspulpfeb3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Romantic Story #7 Nov 1950 Fawcett Pubs

Very period, innocent cover with young couple enjoying their favorite "platters"

A beautiful copy. Flat, clean, smooth tight spine. Nice color and complete. No tears, creases or missing pieces. A couple tiny spine crimps, a tiny upper left corner bend and top right corner edge wear. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Off white / white interior paper. Basicaly looks un-read.

Was $70.   Now 60. (What I paid)

romanticstory1.jpg

romanticstory2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here's a sad one...

Action Comics #16 1939 DC Comics

This is missing covers and first two wraps. Pages are pretty yellowed but supple with minimal damage. It has 56 pages. Has a killer centerfold that is a double page spread offering the large Supermen of America cloth patch. Man, I wish I had one of those. Centerfold is bound tightly to book. Comes with a single outer wrap from Action Comics #15. It has tears, creases and missing a few small edges especially at spine. You will never see an Action this early this cheap. Need parts or a centerfold? Due to what it is, it is sold AS IS with no returns...

SOLD!

action15a.jpg

action15b.jpg

action15c.jpg

action15d.jpg

action15e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Baffling Mysteries #21 July 1954 Ace Pubs

Cool later issue with a great Lou Cameron story

This copy has some spine problems. Split about 1/3rd up from bottom. 2" upper spine split. Cover is neatly detached from book. Numerous smal edge tears and creases. Has about a 2" tear on right side of cover at the word "mysteries" A back cover edge tear as well. Nice off white interior pages. A decent reader.

Still $30.

baffaling21a.jpg

baffaling21b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Here is something cool you don't see every day.

Original art for Rocky Lane Western #22 Fawcett Publications. Nice photo cover of Rocky and his horse. Has full paste-ups with all logos ect. Ready for your cowboy room!

$85. + $15. postage

rockylane22art.jpg

Too cool to pass up.  :takeit:

Planet Comics #66 1952 Friction House Pubs

Who doesn't love these? Hottest comics on the "Planet" these days. (pun intended) Pretty purple cover with the usual FH hot babe in trouble.

Nice, clean complete copy with great color. Has a couple tiny chips and a small abrasion out at top of cover. Has a neat 1" upper spine split. Tiny chip out bottom right corner. Light spine wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is light cream and very supple.

SOLD!

planet66a.jpg

planet66b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man