• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Lot of tough romance books out there.  Don't want to clutter the thread with a lot of them, but here are two very tough Bakers. 

2018-02-02-0001_zpsengssw10.JPG

lf_zps8e8443a9-2.JPEG

clutter away. :) always on the lookout for these.

9 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

One I have been after for years. 

20181023_125827-1.jpg

this is one of those I've know about and wanted for years, but just never found the umph to get when I saw it. of course now I find out it may be a scarce book. :) 

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

A fellow enthusiast! 

cant find a #1 :) trying and trying. something always happens. Sellers can't find the book because they underpriced it or its overgraded with rusty staples and bad chipping. /rantoff 

1 minute ago, fett said:
3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Edgar was on it! 

bulls_zpsyihnuglw-2.JPG

WOW. How is that only an 8.0? I need to find this Edgar guy. He had great taste. 

You can see some wear on it.  Whoever owned it before me must have read it! :cry:

How irresponsible! :taptaptap:

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

You can see some wear on it.  Whoever owned it before me must have read it! :cry:

How irresponsible! :taptaptap:

I zoomed it. Just I've seen worse looking copies of other books graded above 9 for some reason. ;) Makes me feel better to know that the Church copy is only an 8. 

1 minute ago, fett said:

I zoomed it. Just I've seen worse looking copies of other books graded above 9 for some reason. ;) Makes me feel better to know that the Church copy is only an 8. 

The census has another 8.0 on it.  Certainly possible there's a higher grade raw copy out there.  The scarcity of these books makes me think the print runs couldn't have been all that high. 

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The census has another 8.0 on it.  Certainly possible there's a higher grade raw copy out there.  The scarcity of these books makes me think the print runs couldn't have been all that high. 

there's a statement of ownership in #5 but no print run info.