• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

As we get closer to this season this book has been tough to find in decent shape.I love some of the covers out of this publisher with a long history from the birth of comic books. 

102_5603.thumb.JPG.d375330b96b148a00c156619d19dc910.JPG

Edited by comicjack

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

As we get closer to this season this book has been tough to find in decent shape.I love some of the covers out of this publisher with a long history from the birth of comic books. 

102_5603.thumb.JPG.d375330b96b148a00c156619d19dc910.JPG

Cool books as always Jack! Most Boardies get excited about Halloween to post Horror covers, but I've been around long enough to know Jack is all about Santa :banana:

On 11/15/2018 at 12:30 PM, comicjack said:

And of course this one how many in your life have you seen  in person .I know a few boardies have copies of this amazing cover but i would put it on top of Centaur best covers :smile:

102_6149.thumb.JPG.be90589b153a5716f90a65b33619f6cb.JPG

I love the way the Nazi Gorillas have painted claws...those pesky Nazis and their intimidating manicures... :fear:

9 hours ago, comicjack said:

Well after Midgets post of that Power 2 i think he got a few pm's on that one now that is a tough one looking like that.So is this book tough or everyone keeps their copies raw or in hiding.Back in the day i could only find really low grades once every couple of years.The census remains rather low unlike the Punch 12 where the copies have come out of the woodwork due to the increase in prices. 

102_5984.thumb.JPG.b620b605255a1f74bbd4ca6dbe754f53.JPG

Nothing but crickets, but that Punch #9 is such a fun book!!! I also wonder how to gage "rare" books from the census, knowing most people with books like this tend to keep them raw....

Movie Comics, as noted by Robot Man above, are tough books. I've had this rough copy for years. The main attraction for me is the Son of Frankenstein story. If that was the cover feature, this books demand would be out of this world(not that I don't love Gunga Din, but Universal monsters are tops when it comes to movie collectables).

3v61.jpg

I had a number 6 with the Lugosi robot cover that I sold to Esquire. I doubt I'll ever be able to get one of those again.

Edited by Larryw7

49 minutes ago, comicjack said:

A nice copy of this book took in some decent interest last week on Ha.One of the tougher numbers in the run with an early robot cover.

raregold2.jpg.ef7e2f09dbe8658d69ba034383ed5ee8.jpg

Great book and so hard to find. Being a premium and pinback collector, I was amazed to find that there is a “Phantom Creeps” club pin offered in this issue. Never seen one but I’d be all over it if I were lucky enough to find one for sale. If you could post that page, I’d love to see what it looks like...