• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Have never seen a copy. Have only seen one #17 I think. This one ain't common either.

comscream16.jpg

I agree.

Underestimated my snipe the last time one showed up on eBay. Missed it, and haven't seen one since.

Cool book!

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Have never seen a copy. Have only seen one #17 I think. This one ain't common either.

comscream16.jpg

Makes me think of that Neil Young song :headbang:

I posted this question in a random Golden Age thread, but this thread is way more active and probably a better place!

Can someone provide anything to go off of on this book? I'm trying to figure out some type value for it......Gags #1 UFS 7/37 One Shot Thanks for your time and happy holidays!

20181224_101822.jpg

20181224_101833.jpg

39 minutes ago, TheMightyMidget said:

I posted this question in a random Golden Age thread, but this thread is way more active and probably a better place!

Can someone provide anything to go off of on this book? I'm trying to figure out some type value for it......Gags #1 UFS 7/37 One Shot Thanks for your time and happy holidays!

@Bo_Hogg might know something.

3 hours ago, CycloneComics said:

My original artwork from this issue...pages 9 & 10

I think these are my favorite pieces of original artwork I own.

Some really tough books to find in this thread....thanks to all for posting them

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Does the Nazi alien/monster appear in any of the stories?

23 hours ago, manetteska said:

Does Gasoline Alley #3 exist?

I don't think so.  I believe that's a book that Overstreet is thought to have included to help secure his copyright against anyone reproducing his listings.  Could be wrong about that, as I frequently am!

22 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
23 hours ago, manetteska said:

I don't think so.  I believe that's a book that Overstreet is thought to have included to help secure his copyright against anyone reproducing his listings.  Could be wrong about that, as I frequently am!

You mean a Paper Towns type deal?

I saw it in the Gerber PJ, that’s why I asked. 

4 hours ago, manetteska said:
4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
On 12/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, manetteska said:

You mean a Paper Towns type deal?

I saw it in the Gerber PJ, that’s why I asked. 

Like the nonexistent alleyways that publishers of city maps used to include in the old days.

White space in Gerber?

10 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Very nice copy of the 3! I think the 5 is the next difficult to find. I've seen 1,2,4, and 8 for sale occasionally. 3 and 5 rarely. The 6 and 7 seem to always be readily available for purchase.   

DARING 5 CGC.jpg

Yeah, #5 is tough too, but I might put #4 ahead of it and #3. Daring 1-5 are so, so cool. I love that title. Saw this #5 on the CLink Exchange some time ago. Had to jump.

52356CEC-BC8F-4503-A2EC-2502A7E87F8F.thumb.jpeg.320b1fd369911012d0fc12e19cead5c8.jpeg

Great copy of #5! I always felt the 4 was really tough, perhaps the toughest, but then a spate of copies showed up which changed my mind. Once they disappeared, ain't seen that one again. Cycles. All the Darings are tough for sure except for the 6 & 7. In terms of Mystic, I may be wrong on this, but I'm finding (aside from the Destroyer issues 6-10 which are all tough), the #3 seems to pop up the least.         

Mystic 3 CAMERA.jpg

59 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Great copy of #5! I always felt the 4 was really tough, perhaps the toughest, but then a spate of copies showed up which changed my mind. Once they disappeared, ain't seen that one again. Cycles. All the Darings are tough for sure except for the 6 & 7. In terms of Mystic, I may be wrong on this, but I'm finding (aside from the Destroyer issues 6-10 which are all tough), the #3 seems to pop up the least.         

Yeah, all the Mystics are pretty tough. I might put #2 at the top and #4 above #3. #10 also challenging, from the Destroyer batch. I know there are Timely scholars here who can opine with more precision/basis, however.

4C27F6BF-F973-41D0-90DA-463590D99576.thumb.jpeg.a3903da5d22b519a42a10e2f54d75819.jpeg789E286D-A860-41A7-A3E8-0663BC5750FE.thumb.jpeg.d25fc46a904f6b23078f77d53aed7b4e.jpeg