• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

I only started collecting GA about 4 and a half months ago, so I’m sure I don’t know much.  I check daily for Planet Comics on many websites.  I have seen at least 1 copy of every issue for sale in those 4 months except for 2.  Strangely, they are not the ones often thought of as the most rare.  I’ve seen a couple of copies of 14 and 15, for example. 

However, I have not seen a single copy of Planet Comics #7 or Planet Comics #10 for sale since I started collecting. 

6 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Mooney is the man agreed!! Speaking of his work and tough to find Ace books I’ve been after a copy of this for years thanks to Nik for putting this up for grabs!! 1st app of an important villain the Clown and unlike the Joker he actually gets a cover app!! Don’t have in hand yet but dang if i’m not excited!! Only 5 on the census and Heritage has only ever sold 1 copy

45675747331_acfe287bb5_b.jpg

Hmmm... no joke, the Clown reminds me of a super villain by a major publisher, right down to the chalky white face.   Just look at him here again and add green hair, and then he would really be a dead ringer. Anyway that was a nice grab from a fellow boardie @gino2paulus2. Luckily I already have a copy.

9 hours ago, Spyder! said:

I only started collecting GA about 4 and a half months ago, so I’m sure I don’t know much.  I check daily for Planet Comics on many websites.  I have seen at least 1 copy of every issue for sale in those 4 months except for 2.  Strangely, they are not the ones often thought of as the most rare.  I’ve seen a couple of copies of 14 and 15, for example. 

However, I have not seen a single copy of Planet Comics #7 or Planet Comics #10 for sale since I started collecting. 

While I agree on #10, 7 comes up for sale more often.

2 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's a book I feel is a toughie, I found the D copy of Hap Hazard # 14 and in 10 years I'm still looking for a 2nd copy. Very nice Al Feldstein cover on this teen cover

Hap Hazard14 001.jpg

I've been looking for a copy of this one as well. I did manage a remaindered copy off the bay, but that is all so far. Great Feldstein. Hap Hazard basically looks like Junior.