• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, fett said:

as far as romance comics go-I've seen more copies of Negro Romances #4 and Daring Love #1 than this one. I feel lucky to have had it fall into my lap. 

Sweethearts122.jpg

If that is indeed the case, this is one TOUGH book! 

22 minutes ago, sagii said:

If that is indeed the case, this is one TOUGH book! 

in my experience of course :) I just buy online for the most part but I do not recall seeing another one posted here. 

@fett Amazing Charlton work! Many of those you don't see often for sure. I think Hillbillies is an underrated and tough title; some of the others I have not paid as much attention to so my thoughts are not well-informed, but I sure as heck don't recognize them. I do have that last issue of From Here to Insanity; I'm sure there's others out there but yours and mine are the only ones I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

@fett Amazing Charlton work! Many of those you don't see often for sure. I think Hillbillies is an underrated and tough title; some of the others I have not paid as much attention to so my thoughts are not well-informed, but I sure as heck don't recognize them. I do have that last issue of From Here to Insanity; I'm sure there's others out there but yours and mine are the only ones I've seen.

same way with  me when I first started buying them. :) I had to keep an Overstreet handy constantly and GCD was incomplete on some of the titles back then.  Also I think there is genuine scarcity for alot of the books Charlton published around the time of the Derby, Conn flood of Oct 1955. No telling how much production was lost.