• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheapest place to buy bag and boards?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

What’s a great price on 100 comic bags? Aren’t they pretty much $5-8 a pack wherever you go?

Boards are heavy and expensive to ship. If you are budget-minded and only want 100, I’d suggest the LCS. Assuming you want to avoid Bababooey’s recycle bin.

When I buy online, I use https://hotflips.com/

Edited by Dick Pontoon

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
14 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I use Mylar on every book, get rid of them polybags. You get what you pay for. 

What harm exactly do polybags do?

Just because I have 2 LCS one uses Mylar the other polybag...

I can't really tell which is better. Mylar tends to hide imperfections...

Just now, oakman29 said:

They off gas and deteriorate the paper faster. I just don't buy em .

Ah I see, thanks 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Recently, I bought a 100 pack of modern comic bags for a great price and I need to find a place to buy 100 modern boards... Any suggestions for best places to pick this up? LCS?  online?

ComicSupply

:roflmao:

:whistle:

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What harm exactly do polybags do?

They off gas and deteriorate the paper faster. I just don't buy em .

They only do that if you live in a toxic zone, like southern California, the Ohio River valley, or the New Jersey industrial waste repository.

Otherwise it depends on storage conditions.  Texas?  Sounds possibly toxic.

usually some decent deals on bags and boards on amazon, particularly if you can buy a few hundred of each at a time.

And ya, if you can buy enough mylar at a time to get da discount, they are pretty inexpensive per comic. But you have to buy quite a few, right? So why not put all your comics in them.

13 minutes ago, speedcake said:

usually some decent deals on bags and boards on amazon, particularly if you can buy a few hundred of each at a time.

And ya, if you can buy enough mylar at a time to get da discount, they are pretty inexpensive per comic. But you have to buy quite a few, right? So why not put all your comics in them.

I find it is really tough to beat bulk purchases from egerber supply, especially being on the west coast.  You can get archival halfbacks shipped to your door cheaper than krap boards if you go to the 2000 board increments.  $185 per 2000 - that's .0925 per board.  A lot less than Billy Cole.

15 hours ago, faster friends said:

I consistently get 100 bags and boards on eBay for under $16 shipped.

My shop is $14.. 8 for the boards, 6 for the bags. Unless it got raised recently. I probably need about 1000.

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

My shop is $14.. 8 for the boards, 6 for the bags. Unless it got raised recently. I probably need about 1000.

You can beat $14 on E-Bay.  Here is a deal for 500 Silver-Age bags and boards for $11 per hundred:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Silver-Comic-Bags-and-Boards-NEW-Max-Industry-Standard-Archival/131994433417?epid=1369063371&hash=item1ebb7b3789:g:CCoAAOSwySVaAfP2:rk:3:pf:0

Combo it with a 10/15% coupon and you are paying less then $10 per hundred (which is what i pay in bulk)