• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FMV of Mignola Hellboy cover art?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I am with Zhamlau, seems about right. You uploaded it earlier this year, if you bought it then it probably hasn't changed much. Mignola tends to price his Hellboy kinda high in my opinion so if you bought it from him...

Actually  I bought this quite a few years ago.

It wasn't inexpensive then either. Just wondering how the Mignola Hellboy market has developed since then and what would be fair trade wise.

I don't want to rip off anybody but I don't want be taken advantage of either.

Thanks.

Edited by faust1104

21 hours ago, faust1104 said:

Actually  I bought this quite a few years ago.

It wasn't inexpensive then either. Just wondering how the Mignola Hellboy market has developed since then and what would be fair trade wise.

I don't want to rip off anybody but I don't want be taken advantage of either.

Thanks.

are you selling any of the pages you have featured on your comicartfans page? some killer stuff there. 

according to mignola himself, he sold everything he took to SDCC this year, which (he said) means that he personally is pricing his work too low. i'm not sure exactly what he took down there, but he usually takes some good stuff. 

10 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

are you selling any of the pages you have featured on your comicartfans page? some killer stuff there. 

according to mignola himself, he sold everything he took to SDCC this year, which (he said) means that he personally is pricing his work too low. i'm not sure exactly what he took down there, but he usually takes some good stuff. 

I would kill for a shot at a Batman/Hellboy/Starman page!

A few years ago I bought a Witchfinder cover directly from Mike...$2K...within a year or so decided it didn't fit my collection (I might feel differently today!) and consigned it to Clink...$1200 or so final hammer. So while I can see Mike arriving at that conclusion it may not be justified, at least not in my experience.

He probably IS pricing his single illustrations too low, as I prefer to buy those from him rather than on the secondary market.

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

I might be open to offers.

If interested in anything specific please send me a PM.

Edited by faust1104