• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bidding on Comiclink

8 posts in this topic

So I finally see something on Comiclink I'm interested in. My question is what's the best approach for their site? Do they finish at a certain time like Ebay, or do they extend based on bidding? I think I also recall recently people having trouble getting bids in at the end of the auctions? Any insight appreciated 

2 hours ago, awayne83 said:

So I finally see something on Comiclink I'm interested in. My question is what's the best approach for their site? Do they finish at a certain time like Ebay, or do they extend based on bidding? I think I also recall recently people having trouble getting bids in at the end of the auctions? Any insight appreciated 

First time I bid there, I tried to snipe, but that's when they asked me for a credit card! So just be sure to put your credit card in ahead of time if you are going to bid last minute.

I like Comiclink a lot. I don't snipe; their auctions close when it's too late at night for me to bother. I find they have items which tend to go for a reasonable amount, and service has been good. I once missed an auction, but they were able to arrange my purchase of something from the buyer afterward for a relatively small extra premium.

No problems bidding near the close. I would also commend their customer service. I needed to raise some funds a while back and they helped me sell a high end piece, I had previously won, to the underbidder (at his same bid price). 

Edited by Funnyslover

16 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I like Comiclink a lot. I don't snipe; their auctions close when it's too late at night for me to bother. I find they have items which tend to go for a reasonable amount, and service has been good. I once missed an auction, but they were able to arrange my purchase of something from the buyer afterward for a relatively small extra premium.

I have to agree (except for the sniping bit as I do snipe). All my experiences as a buyer have been really good and my last 2 purchases (this year) have yielded artwork at prices quite a bit lower than I was prepared to go. 

9 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

I have to agree (except for the sniping bit as I do snipe). All my experiences as a buyer have been really good and my last 2 purchases (this year) have yielded artwork at prices quite a bit lower than I was prepared to go. 

Agreed on the pricing. I won this Philip Tan commission recently for slightly less than $150, including taxes and shipping. It's perhaps the best exanple I have seen of the Phantom Stranger's God-like aspect as universal conscience or Freud's superego (which in comics are indistinguishable). Seems like he doesn't attract many competing bids.

RADF898D2018913_17917.jpg

Edited by Rick2you2