• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

Well,  it's  time to shovel  out  the  barn  again.  

Just  in  time  for  Halloween,   I  have  a  stack of  PCH  and  pre-hero  Marvel, some interesting   Golden Age,   nice  stack of Millies  and  Patsys,  plenty of  funny  stuff,  a  bit of 
war  ands  crime,   and  as usual,  some  oddballs. 

Who's up  for  some  funnybooks?

First,  

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Private Eye #1

This comes out  of  a  bound  volume (More   unbound   issues to come)  and has four neat  binder holes  on  spine,  and  some  glue  residue  along most of the spine.
Here's  the interesting  bit,   when  this  batch of  comics  was bound,  they DIDN'T    trim  them.   Fifteen   or so issues,   all  of   various  different  sizes.  Everything
from  Airboy  and  Tarzan  to   Jungle  and  Human  Torch,   from  Red  Dragon  to Thrilling. 

Asking  $25

LEreHa5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Miss Beverly Hills of  Hollywood 8

There's miss Bev,   hanging out  with   some Big Hollywood  Names. 

Looks  great,  but cover is detached  with  small chips out  at  each  staple,   small  corner off upper  RH  FC,   tiny chip out  lower  edge BC.
Interior  is  tight  with offwhite  pages

Yours  for $40

SQIcdtU.jpg

Four Color 166m  early  Roy Rogers

Lower  staple  is  rusty  with  some  migration, there's  some  basement   musk,  bit of  wave to  the book.  

A good  step above  a  reader for $30

KtkR08h.jpg

Web of  Evil 15

Well,   that's what it says in the indicia,  LOL

Reds on  the FC  are  basically  faded  away  to nothing over most of the FC, and the top  half of the BC  ain't much better. 

If  that doesn't bother you  the rest of the    book is  quite  solid with  tight spine  and CF,  but   the whole  book  looks  as  though it's  wicked up   a bit of  light  oil.  
Pages  are  supple   and  creamy,  but  look  offcolor  to  me,  like   something  has  been  soaked up  decades ago  and mostly   gone  away  again.  
Several  small  tears on interior  pages,   a  couple  barely break into  the edge  of  a  panel. 

Solid  reader  for  $35

U3enjIy.jpg

Super Pup 5

Okay,  so  I  bought this one just so I  could  read it. 

Bit of  wear  along  spine, touch of general wear.    Tight spine  and CF,   white pages. 

Grab it for $20  SOLD!

qNkrJ9U.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Sweethearts 28

Nice precode   romance.   Chip  off lower  LH   FC,   the cover is  yellowing  a  bit,    touch of general wear.   Good gloss,   tight  spine  and CF,    supple  cream pages.

Asking  $35

640khLx.jpg

Amazing  Adventures 5 

Oboy,  two  chapter  Kirby  Monster,  and a  creepy little  Steve Ditko five pager!

Chip off upper   LH FC,   split  and  chips  lower  spine,   lower stple pulled.  Couple  small pieces out  BC  to  boot. Interior  is  tight,  with  offwhite  pages. 

Another  solid  reader  for  $60

YKZV5a0.jpg

Santa Claus Parade NN (#1, 1951)

Interesting  Ziff  Davis painted  cover,  large  116 page  page format, with  some  problems. 
Corner  off  lower   RH  FC,  see  scan.   Smaller  corner  off  page   1,   barely   gets into  the panel page 1,   barely  brushes  one panel on page  2.  Couple  inches 
of  strip  off  lower  spine.  Plenty  of general  wear  FC  and BC,.  but  tight spine,    interior is nice  with offwhite pages. 

O'street  is  $36.   asking  $30

YrK8iAs.jpg

Lorna,  Queen of the Jungle  #1

Well  all  right!  Lots of  burly  natives in masks,   many  bearing  spears,   one  lone  European  doing  his  best with  a La Savate  kick,   and  not one,  not  two,  but  THREE  gorillas  menacing   the  whole crew,  as  Our Heroine  swings  in   from   Stage  Left  to  save  the  day! 
Chee,   this is  exciting!

Small tape  at  both  staples,  couple  small tears here and there,   bit of  chipping along  spine,    lots of  chips upper  edge  BC. Small  tear  lower  BC.  Interior  is  tight  with  offwhite - white pages.

Asking $100

PG6q1VY.jpg

Jungle Comics 99

One  of the better  mid-run   covers,  IMO. 

Another of the  unbound issues.  Four  binder  holes  along  spine,    some  glue   residue here and  there  along  spine.  Otherwise  tight, good gloss,   
tight  spine  and  CF,   few  small  tears/chips BC,  small  price  tag  stuck on lower  RH BC, offwhite pages.

Solid  reader for $20  SOLD!

9CYFLD4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Buccaneers 20 (#2, formerly   Kid  Eternity)

Whiff of  spine  roll,   but  book  still  lies  flat,   decent  gloss,  bit  of  general  wear. Staples  both  a  bit  rusty,  but  no  migration. Tight  spine  and  CF,    Reed  Crandall  art. 
Cream - offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $75

aksBJft.jpg

Atomic  Comics 2

Alas,   one  CF  is  missing.   But   the five  page  Kid Kane  story  by  Matt  Baker  is  complete!

Water along  spine,    both   staples  rusty  with  some  migration,  pulled upper  staple. 
On  closer  examination,    upper  staple  appears  to be  missing  entirely,   maybe  rusted  away,  lol 

All that being  said,  what's left  displays  nicely,   flat  with cream - offwhite pages,  with  a  few  small tears inside.  
And the  missing  CF  of  course.

Asking  $50  SOLD!

1pVJtxc.jpg 

Edited by catrick339
Forgot, don't need HTML anymore, LOL

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Atomic  Comics 2

Alas,   one  CF  is  missing.   But   the five  page  Kid Kane  story  by  Matt  Baker  is  complete!

Water along  spine,    both   staples  rusty  with  some  migration,  <strike> pulled upper  staple. </strike>  
On  closer  examination,    upper  staple  appears  to be  missing  entirely,   maybe  rusted  away,  LOL

All that being  said,  what's left  displays  nicely,   flat  with cream - offwhite pages,  with  a  few  small tears inside.  
And the  missing  CF  of  course.

Asking  $50

1pVJtxc.jpg 

take