• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

Here  we  go,   last     item  for  tonight. 

R.  Crumb  Sketchbook  Volume 5,   hardcover

As new,   except  for  a  whiff  of  shelf rubbing   FC. 

Asking  $20   SOLD!

mG6BMTo.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All  right  Gang,  that's it for  tonight,.   

I  wrap  things up  tomorrow  with a half  dozen  Sixties  paperbacks,   Batman,   FF,  and  The Great Gold Steal  novel  with Captain  America  
at lunchtime,   followed  by  ten  nice  books  to  round  things  out tomorrow evening.

I have   five  nice  slabbed  precode  Atlas  horror  books,    and  five   Golden  Age  books  including  a  couple    Timely  heroes. 

I  want  to  watch the  election  returns,   so   I'm  finishing off  with  a  modest  load.  

Invoices  go out  Wednesday  afternoon  and  evening,   and  the   thread  will   close   after  the last invoice  goes  out,    call it   9 or  10 PM  Wednesday.

Feel free  to  build  yourselves  a  bundle  or  two and make  an offer  if  you're  inclined,   and of  course  anything  listed  Sunday  night or  earlier
is   now  available  at  20% discount.  EDIT  Well,   except  for  anything marked  FIRM,  :D

Cat and I  are heading  out for   voting  and a couple  toddies  around  9 AM,   we  should  be  back  for  lunchtime sales with  no problem.  

Edited by catrick339

27 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

This Magazine  Is  Haunted 2

Small  chip out  RH  edge  FC,   a couple  small  splits  along  the  spine, small  corner off  lower  RH  BC, couple  light  stains upper   LH  BC. 
One  staple  only,  it  never  received  the  second  during  production. Flat,  tight,   decent  gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF,  white pages. 
Displays  VERY  nicely. 

EDIT  Forgot  to   mention the light  "COMPLIMENTARY'   stamp  in  the  logo.

Asking  $125

Take

All  right!  Last  day, last push.

Lunchtime  specials  are  all  vintage   paperbacks. 

Fantastic  Four  Collectors  Album

Lancer  Books,   1965.  Gotta  be  the  earliest  reprint  outside  of   Marvel  itself.

Couple  very light  dogears  upper   LH  BC,  couple more upper  RH  FC,  the  smaller  of  which  juuuust  about  breaks the color. 
Looks   unread otherwise,    glossy  with  white  pages.

Asking  $15

Uiq79Tb.jpg

Batman

Signet 1966,  stated  first  printing

Flat,  tight,   glossy,   whiff  of  shelf  wear,   looks  unread. 

Asking  $20

3VLzLND.jpg

The Fantastic Four  Return

Lancer, 1966

Well,  evidently  Lancer  made  money on  the first one,  so....

Flat,  tight,  glossy,   faint whiff of  shelf  wear.   Looks unread.

Asking  $20

7pjq40j.jpg

Batman  Vs  The Joler

Signet,  1966,   stated  first  printing.

FC  is  flat  and glossy,  but there's  a  90 degree light mark about a half inch in  RH  and  lower  edge. 
Should be  visible in  scan.    BC  has  some  rubbing  and  light  scratchy  scratch RH edge and lower  fourth. Minor shelf wear,  looks unread.

Asking  $15

BAisvTo.jpg

Captain  America 
The Great Gold Steel

Bantam,  1968

Novel  by  Ted  White,  who  was  a  pretty  well known  science  fiction  writer  and  editor.    It impressed the  hell out of  13 year old me,  
and  even  60 year old  me  enjoyed  rereading it  a  few years  back. 

This copy  has  a touch of discoloration  RH  and lower  edge  FC,  it  was  mis-stacked with something on  top,   and  the  sun  washed  
out  a bit  of  red,    see the toe on Cap's  boot. Bit of shelf  wear,  but  still  flat  and  clean,  nice gloss.  Can't  say  it's unread, 
because this  is the  copy  60 year old me  read  a  while back. 

Asking  $15  SOLD!

tUFZn4D.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Batman VS  3 Villains Of Doom

Signet, 1966,   stated first  edition.

Original  novel  by  Winston Lyon

Haven't  read this one,   I'm not enough  of  a  Batman  fan  to bother to  read  a  half  century  old  novel.  

Bit  of  scratchy  scratch  lower  LH FC, small  dogear  lower  LH  BC,  just  breaks  the  surface.  Flat  square  and  glossy,  looks unread. 
Only copy  I  remember  seeing,  but  once  again,  not that big a  Batman fan.

Asking  $15

CNkhlr5.jpg

On 11/2/2018 at 10:30 PM, catrick339 said:

Journey Into Mystery 51

Great  Russ  Heath  robot  cover!

Small  corner  off   lower  RH  FC,  and  that's not    chip  RH edge,  small tear  with  a  tiny  dogear,   didn't  catch it before the  scan,. 
Small tear  LH  edge BC,   very light  water  upper  LH  BC,  Otherwise  flat  and  glossy,  tight with  white pages. 

Asking  $100

CQ8vv18.jpg

:takeit:as per PM!

Greetings  Gang,  

Having  a  bit of trouble  getting   good  scans  of  the  slabs,   am  tweaking   and  taking  back up pictures.

I'll  have  something up  by  8:30  or  9:00

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Three fingers of Lagavulin and a meatloaf sangwich, most likely lol

Y'know  I  don't  HAVE    to  do  this.  I  could  be  kicked back  in  a  recliner  right now,   scotch  and  sandwich  close  at  hand,  

But  NOOOOOOO!!  Here I am,  sober  as  Kavenaugh,     typing  my poor  fingers  to  the  bone  to  give  all  of  you   the  very  BEST  

in  weird  low-to-midgrade  funnybooks on a  regular  basis!    My  heart  is   broken!   BROKEN!  ***SOB!***

(Rick  glances  at  crowd  to  see if  anyone  is making  a  quick  sympathy  buy)