• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah yeah yeah. There's always death threat crazies in a bunch, but for the most part, fans hate Wyatt Russell and his Captain America because it's by design. Fans are supposed to hate John Walker, not love him or want to see him continue as Cap. If fans were indifferent to Walker as Cap, than somebody isn't doing their job. Wyatt Russell himself has said he's proud to be the most hated guy in the MCU.

“I don’t have social media, but I’ve gotten some of the stuff sent to me from friends that were just too good not to see. The best one is the ‘Up’ guy with the helmet on. It’s f*cking unbelievable. I mean, whoever did that deserves an award of some kind. It’s flattering. They just hate the guy. They just hate him! It was fun to be the Marvel punching bag for a little while,” Russell shared.

“That’s the goal,” he told The Wrap of the reaction to his character. “I think people had a fun reaction.”

And again, the social media posts by a few crazies in the bunch that you anti-MCU guys are hyping up PALE IN COMPARISON to the amount of vitriol, racism, misogyny, and yes, death threats thrown at Leslie Jones and Kelly Marie Tran who dared to be heroes in the "wrong" franchise. Kelly Marie Tran got bullied so much she left social media and had to go to therapy.

Quoting Tran about what therapy taught her about dealing with the racism and the misogyny:

"If someone doesn't understand me or my experience, it shouldn't be my place to have to internalize their misogyny or racism or all of the above. Maybe they just don't have the imagination to understand that there are different types of people living in the world."

So you can try to equalize the two situations by minimalizing the Star Wars haters and hyping up the John Walker haters all day long, but you'll be wrong as usual.

:roflmao:

You mean like your prediction Godzilla vs Kong would not be a hit at the Domestic Market? You are so hypnotized into believing everything with the MCU is AMAZING and everything else is SUSPECT you have no placement to call anyone else 'usually wrong'. But I still like your red nose.

online_clown.thumb.jpg.ffdeb99fccdf8e21676448fa3e7a4b61.jpg

Meanwhile, any fanatic threatening a director or actor over a comic book-related contribution is mentally troubled. Not cute or celebrating a performance or portrayal.

'Anti-hating MCU guys'

Do you practice this in front of a mirror without considering the people involved? You didn't even know the history of Marvel Studios and how it came about. Yet YOU are the biggest MCU fan more than anyone else?

Go squeak your nose, clown.

During The Falcon and The Winter Soldier episode 3, Baron Zemo is asked if he knows of anyone in Hightown as he, Sam, and Bucky begin their trip to Lowtown. Zemo doesn't verbally respond to the question but a subtle smirk comes across his face as he enters the car. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier later reveals that the Power Broker resides in Hightown, but Zemo also confirms he has no relationship with the villain. This leaves the door open for the MCU to reveal someone else is Zemo's connection in Hightown. In fact, it could be set up for Magneto's X-Mansion.

While Professor X's X-Mansion is located in New York, Magneto recently founded one of his own in the comics. He has a giant mansion in Hightown, Madripoor, that he allows a version of the X-Men, who are displaced from their original time, to live in. It is possible the MCU is using The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and the mention of friends in Hightown to set up the existence of Magneto's X-Mansion. If so, there is a chance that the location could even be visited in the series. However, introducing Magneto, his X-Mansion, or members of the X-Men would also distract from Sam and Bucky's story, so Marvel might just be laying the seeds for a future revelation.

Now THAT would be a really nice touch.

Ok, this thread confirms what I suspected, which is that the show just introduced Madripoor to the MCU. I couldn't recall if it had shown up before anywhere or not. So that was pretty cool. When they announced where they were headed, I told the wife "Ooh, Madripoor! That's an X-men place." She didn't care. And still doesn't. And will not. She won't care. But I care. I care enough for both of us.

This show is still pretty fun, though this was probably my least favorite episode so far. I do like Zemo much better in this incarnation, he's much more fun than he was in Civil War. I've like Daniel Bruhl since I first saw Goodbye Lenin in the theaters, so it's fun to see him have a chance to make Zemo interesting. The character was such a nothing in Civil War, I can't recall what his deal was. That movie already had one villain, Iron Man. Zemo was just overkill. So, it's fun to see him with his hood and fur-lined collar and having a good super villain-ish time. 

I guess SHIELD babes are given standard issue batons for some reason. Bobbi/Mockingbird had them on Agents of Shield, and Black Widow had some as well, at least in one of the flicks, right? So now Sharon has them. My wife didn't remember Sharon Carter at all, and I was like "She was, like, a big part of Winter Soldier! Remember?" But she didn't. So I sighed. :

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ok, this thread confirms what I suspected, which is that the show just introduced Madripoor to the MCU. I couldn't recall if it had shown up before anywhere or not. So that was pretty cool. When they announced where they were headed, I told the wife "Ooh, Madripoor! That's an X-men place." She didn't care. And still doesn't. And will not. She won't care. But I care. I care enough for both of us.

This show is still pretty fun, though this was probably my least favorite episode so far. I do like Zemo much better in this incarnation, he's much more fun than he was in Civil War. I've like Daniel Bruhl since I first saw Goodbye Lenin in the theaters, so it's fun to see him have a chance to make Zemo interesting. The character was such a nothing in Civil War, I can't recall what his deal was. That movie already had one villain, Iron Man. Zemo was just overkill. So, it's fun to see him with his hood and fur-lined collar and having a good super villain-ish time. 

I guess SHIELD babes are given standard issue batons for some reason. Bobbi/Mockingbird had them on Agents of Shield, and Black Widow had some as well, at least in one of the flicks, right? So now Sharon has them. My wife didn't remember Sharon Carter at all, and I was like "She was, like, a big part of Winter Soldier! Remember?" But she didn't. So I sighed. :

When are you filing the papers at court? Because...

emotion01.gif.800b65923139c5272b369f34992922fb.gif

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

When are you filing the papers at court? Because...

emotion01.gif.800b65923139c5272b369f34992922fb.gif

Ha, you know, she genuinely likes the Marvel movies and shows, and some of the DC stuff, and we've watched nearly all of the MCU flicks at least three times by this point. But sometimes her memory is just BLANK. I'm going to blame it on too many recreational pharmaceuticals in her college days... :whistle:

On 4/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

I've struggled to get into the series or care about the characters.

Anyone else not feeling it?

I agree

its not terrible but it’s nowhere near as polished or intriguing or well acted as Wandavision. That show left me loving Wanda and Vision and wanting more. This so far has left me caring even less for Falcon and Bucky. Altho Zemos character seems promising, he is a total departure from the Zemo we knew.

Episode 3 I liked but there is still a lot I dont like. 

None of the actors seem right. John Walker seemed weird but that may be intentional so that’s ok. Falcon I can’t get a read in and I feel is suffering from terrible writing. Bucky has moments but even he seems lost. Zemo was great but a far cry from past Zemo. Sharon was fun to see but like can she do all that stuff she did!?!? I guess!

Lots of Xmen nods in this episode. I believe Buckys (which used to be Caps) notebook said Claremont and Barry Windsor Smith in JT, nods to the guy responsible for really making the Xmen what they are and the guy who did the art for the Weapon X stuff during that Marvel Presents run.

Originally, the internet was a buzz about this episode because supposedly Omega Red was to be revealed. This buzz came back in October I believe after a photo showed Zemo working with Bucky and Falcon (which has happened) and a -script leak. If you go back, the -script leak has definitely been changed. The Power Broker name is different (I forget what the -script called the character) and originally they were supposed to meet Batroc and Omega Red in Madripoor. Well we did get Batroc at the start so maybe he comes back but I’m guessing they removed Omega red or altered that. Having him be the first mutant in the MCU just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Was not expecting the Wakanda tie in at the end. So far every episode has revealed a person at the end....interested to see if that continues.

Mind you I think the Omega Red rumours started with the Black Widow flick, as he was supposed to be in that. Maybe because the movie got delayed they cut his appearance in this show and replaced it with that throwaway lady that gets killed three minutes after she gives info about that Nagle scientist?

On 3/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

It turns out that once Tony passed, Pepper revealed herself to be the power hungry capitalist pig we always knew she was, so any handouts to these drain-on-society superheroes were off the table, much less under the table.

She was also quoted as saying, "Don't ever call me Pepper, anymore!"

Pepper got salty.

And there's that John Walker we knew was coming!

cap01.JPG.59cbd4fee5a28db4bee59cd0056ef5b0.JPG

Though I'll admit this show is dragging things out way too far. And the reasons for Karli's quest leading to yet another confrontation that ends horribly at times not an exciting adventure. But the opening scene has its emotional moment that makes you feel even more for Bucky.

How goofy do you have to be in trusting Zemo to the point he walks around free for the most part after all he has done?

Edited by Bosco685

Favorite episode so far. Sam Wilson is starting to distance himself from Bucky and John Walker and showing why he is deserving of the Shield. When Sam chooses empathy and diplomacy over war, he is showing why he is the guy who needs to take "America" in the right direction.

Lamar Hoskins represented the guy faithful to service and chain of command. Bucky represents the guy who just wants to retire. John Walker represents the dark side of America, to get the mission done by any means necessary. Sam Wilson represents America trying to find a better way, to actually attempt to be like a "shining city on a hill."

After this episode and the PR nightmare about to ensue, obviously the US government will have to take the Shield away from Walker. What if he doesn't want to give it up? Sam and Bucky can't legally take it. This a job for War Machine?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

12 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

And there's that John Walker we knew was coming!

cap01.JPG.59cbd4fee5a28db4bee59cd0056ef5b0.JPG

Though I'll admit this show is dragging things out way too far. And the reasons for Karli's quest leading to yet another confrontation that ends horribly at times not an exciting adventure. But the opening scene has its emotional moment that makes you feel even more for Bucky.

How goofy do you have to be in trusting Zemo to the point he walks around free for the most part after all he has done?

This is what I wanted to see. This is how it should have gone for Walker. I am glad they are keeping the storyline here. 
In current day though I am afraid there are going to be some people at the end of this not very happy with what happens to Walker.
I wish there was time for the Watchdog storyline that would really have set off Walker.

Apart from a few wonky editing transitions, a strong episode.  I do appreciate how they get a bunch of people into one place with roughly 5 separate motives and goals that seem both legitimate to the characters and combustible for the plot.  I'm eager to see how this plays out in the final two episodes.

Really enjoyed the opener with Bucky in Wakanda -- very moving.

Dan

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

Apart from a few wonky editing transitions, a strong episode.  I do appreciate how they get a bunch of people into one place with roughly 5 separate motives and goals that seem both legitimate to the characters and combustible for the plot.  I'm eager to see how this plays out in the final two episodes.

Really enjoyed the opener with Bucky in Wakanda -- very moving.

Dan

For such a short scene it truly was emotional. That's impressive!

13 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Really wish that shield was bashing in Karli's face, terrible and extremely weak character that I'm hoping they get rid of soon. Probably how Falcon gets the shield back.

Agreed a common problem in the MCU. So many great villains at their disposal yet weak sauce abounds. Karli and her “Acolytes” remind me of the garbage crew we got in Doctor Strange before the waste that was Dormammu.

My fiancé and I find the writing on this show poor. We certainly don’t find Karli’s quest interesting or sympathetic just another convoluted relic of The Blip. Watching the last few episodes we were both wondering why doesn’t Sam have his wings? He is so under powered without them. Did he leave them somewhere, did the government take them, did he break them, we don’t recall but why the F doesn’t he have them. It’s called Falcon and Winter Soldier. Then towards the end of this last episode he just randomly shows up in FULL costume...when he clearly needed them earlier. meh

I’m just surprised this show has been getting so much love. It’s been Mighty Ducks Gamer Changers played first on Fridays in this household.