• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, fmaz said:

I think my favorite part of this series so far has been the reveal of the proper villain that is Baron Zemo. They’re opening up such a great, complicated character in him... with lots of ways to go. I was momentarily worried when all the super soldier serum vials were at his feet that he was going to pick up a vial and jam it into his own leg (ugh) but the fact that he just stepped on them all and remained true to his character made him so much more interesting. I hope he survives the series and causes more trouble in the MCU at at later time. 

Zemo is the best character in the show.  Yes, the show is getting stronger episode to episode.  I like the show but it seems to suffer from a few problems.

1. It feels small.  After Endgame, almost anything would.  But, the Flag Wavers are a very weak focus for the show.  The focus seems to be changing, and that should help.

2. Sam feels like a sidekick still.  I do not get this vibe from Bucky, I find his story much more interesting and wished it had more screen time.  The Wakanda stuff really drove this home for me.

3. It has felt very predicable.

4. Overall it feels like a side quest. I am still worried that this could be a persistent problem with the streaming shows.  They need to leave the big stuff for the movies, and can only do so much on these shows. Not to say it is not enjoyable, and side quests can be fun, but just fells less important.

5. The Blip, more precisely deciding to do the five year time jump, feels like a giant albatross for the writers. Really feels like they did not think through how massive the ramifications for society would be.  In fact, the ramifications would be so massive, it would be almost impossible to tell any other story. So instead they are struggling to deal with and use the time jump, but somehow avoiding the full impact at the same time.  I know that sound like a contradiction.

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Episode 5 Will Have a Big Marvel Cameo

When The Falcon and the Winter Soldier first began airing in mid-March, showrunner and writer Malcolm Spellman teased a special cameo in episode 5, which he’s building up to be quite a doozy.

“Hands down, [episode] five, it just gets real,” Spellman had said in an interview with ComicBook.com in March. “And five, you’re going to cry.”

So what of this cameo? Fans have already begun speculating that this Marvel character will be one of the beloved heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, come to reunite with their fellow Avengers. But in an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Spellman had shut down the possibility that it would be an Avenger that we had previously met in the MCU (so you can toss aside your hopes of a Black Panther or a Black Widow character popping up). Instead Spellman described this episode 5 cameo as a “grounded character” who would make a nice contrast to “world-shakers” like Thor or Captain America. Spellman said:

“There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong, it’s the episode five character. I’d love to see that character with Thor.”

/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.

Taking bets now: Noobmaster69 dressed as Mephisto:wishluck:

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Episode 5 Will Have a Big Marvel Cameo

Taking bets now: Noobmaster69 dressed as Mephisto:wishluck:

If they drop the ball on this big reveal again, like they did in WandaVision, I am not going to be happy.   It will also tick a lot of people off.

Edited by drotto

8 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Given there's only two episodes left and we haven't yet seen the Power Broker, I'm thinking it's 

Reveal hidden contents

Sharon. Was speculated on a few pages back, but yeah - would make sense.

It feels obvious,  especially after....

Spoiler

They showed her walking in shady areas of Madripoor last episode.

Daniel Bruhl is an amazing actor.  I think he takes the quality of the show up a notch just with his voice, presence and expressions.

So far, I'm very pleased with the show.  Anything can be nitpicked down.  But the fact is, it's incredibly well written, directed, shot, and acted.  When I was 10 years old, I could never have imagined that one day there would be a show this good about Falcon and Bucky.  2c

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Given there's only two episodes left and we haven't yet seen the Power Broker, I'm thinking it's 

Reveal hidden contents

Sharon. Was speculated on a few pages back, but yeah - would make sense.

Then why would Sharon have led Sam Bucky and Zemo particularly to the scientist who replicated the Super Soldier serum? Sharon is on the up and up and couldn’t be the Piwer Broker. Being that we’re in Asia, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Power Broker ties in with Shang Chi.

Baron Nemo is far and away  my favorite, John Walker has been creepy from the beginning and Sam is nice but  ...boring. Bucky is my 2nd favorite...maybe third after the Wakanda Warriors. I don't like Karli, I did like the Flag Smasher who was just killed.

Also, I'm definitely getting confused.

Seems like the new Captain America (John Walker) will be leading the Nomad series with how this last episode ended. I'm thinking General Ross is a possibility, but since they said it would make us cry, maybe Falcon & Bucky with Steve Rogers on his death bed or a Black Panther cameo.

Edited by chezmtghut

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Baron Nemo is far and away  my favorite, John Walker has been creepy from the beginning and Sam is nice but  ...boring. Bucky is my 2nd favorite...maybe third after the Wakanda Warriors. I don't like Karli, I did like the Flag Smasher who was just killed.

Also, I'm definitely getting confused.

There is alot of subplot to John Walker being left out. The Watchdogs storyline is completely left it which is what send Walker over the edge. The TV series is too short to tell
the story, but its well worth reading. Walker is someone who is manipulated from the beginning and you feel sorry for him in the end. I am interested to see how they resolve
this.

2 hours ago, Hawkman said:

So, the big cameo didn't happen....

This past week was Episode 4.

Episode 5 is where the 'big cameo' takes place when NoobMaster reveals he is the Power Broker dressed in Mephisto garb.