• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

So word on the street is the cameo is a preexisting character from Marvel comics who HASNT been seen yet in the MCU, it's not setting up a movie so it's probably a smaller role, it's a high profile prestigous actor, it's a "grounded" character, someone the director would like to see playing against someone like Thor, it is NOT whoever is playing the Power Broker...

After taking all that into consideration and racking my brain...I really have no idea...I'm trying to think of smaller characters who could have ties to the prevailing story lines at play here. A flashback for Zemo showing his father the original Baron Zemo maybe? D Man or Sharon Ventura/Ms Marvel? Union Jack or Citizen V? Songbird or Moonstone? Stumped doesn't begin to describe it, chances are it's no one and we'll all get it wrong again and they'll pull another Bohner 

11 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

So word on the street is the cameo is a preexisting character from Marvel comics who HASNT been seen yet in the MCU, it's not setting up a movie so it's probably a smaller role, it's a high profile prestigous actor, it's a "grounded" character, someone the director would like to see playing against someone like Thor, it is NOT whoever is playing the Power Broker...

After taking all that into consideration and racking my brain...I really have no idea...I'm trying to think of smaller characters who could have ties to the prevailing story lines at play here. A flashback for Zemo showing his father the original Baron Zemo maybe? D Man or Sharon Ventura/Ms Marvel? Union Jack or Citizen V? Songbird or Moonstone? Stumped doesn't begin to describe it, chances are it's no one and we'll all get it wrong again and they'll pull another Bohner 

What about Moon Knight? Isn't there a TV series in the works?

4 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Details I referenced on the previous page.

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Episode 5 Will Have a Big Marvel Cameo

So what of this cameo? Fans have already begun speculating that this Marvel character will be one of the beloved heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, come to reunite with their fellow Avengers. But in an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Spellman had shut down the possibility that it would be an Avenger that we had previously met in the MCU (so you can toss aside your hopes of a Black Panther or a Black Widow character popping up). Instead Spellman described this episode 5 cameo as a “grounded character” who would make a nice contrast to “world-shakers” like Thor or Captain America. Spellman said:

“There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong, it’s the episode five character. I’d love to see that character with Thor.”

/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.

Recognizing what took place concerning WandaVision with speculation that went nowhere near reality, I do like the logical assumption it is someone setting up a future show.

I caught up on Saturday:

So, while WandaVision pretty much sucked, this is a huge hit. It's better than Civil War.

That Winter Soldier fight scene in E3 was sick. The characterizations in this show are on-point. There are plenty of things to nit-pick, but overall, the show is very well-done.

11 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

It could be one of Marvel's big time CEO types like Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin or Dario Agger aka Minotaur. It's possible either of these two could also be the Power Broker if it's not Curtis Jackson.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

11 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

What about Moon Knight? Isn't there a TV series in the works?

That would be amazing, but I don't think they're far enough into production to have thrown him in considering how long ago this was filmed. Oscar Isaac was only cast a few months ago and he just started doing his fight training, I'm not sure they've even started filming anything related to him yet.

The only "grounded," i.e. low-power or no-power characters associated with the Avengers who haven't appeared in movies or on television (which rules out Jessica Jones and Iron Fist) that jump to mind are Swordsman, Moon Knight, Rage, and White Tiger.

20 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The only "grounded," i.e. low-power or no-power characters associated with the Avengers who haven't appeared in movies or on television (which rules out Jessica Jones and Iron Fist) that jump to mind are Swordsman, Moon Knight, Rage, and White Tiger.

With the showrunner/writer making this statement.

“There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong, it’s the episode five character. I’d love to see that character with Thor.”

I'm wondering if that helps narrow the playing field?

Seems like we're gonna be getting two showdowns against Walker with the new footage shown in this mid season trailer. The nighttime fight in the middle of the street is going to be bonkers :makepoint:

https://youtu.be/iQSHrgjayz8

(can't figure out how to get the video in the body of the post)

Edited by AJLewandoski

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Seems like we're gonna be getting two showdowns against Walker with the new footage shown in this mid season trailer. The nighttime fight in the middle of the street is going to be bonkers :makepoint:

https://youtu.be/iQSHrgjayz8

(can't figure out how to get the video in the body of the post)

23 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Maybe they are being sly and when they say "grounded" they don't mean low/no power but rather somebody who can't fly - is literally grounded...maybe on account of their weight, from being made of GROUND..er..rock. 

I'm saying a human pre-transformation Ben Grimm that they bump into on Yancy Street. Imagine how bonkers you would all go if that was the case.

WILD CARD!!! (also it's Mephisto appearing as Ben Grimm, spoiler)

Edited by Sauce Dog

45 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Not revolutionary or anything but Walker is NOT using Caps shield in the new trailer he has a new shield that is segmented in the center so that means Sam is definitely getting Steve's original shieldimage.thumb.png.95e79eb7c6bbe58c3ab24b6be85bf624.png

Just comparing shields the newer photo it is more battle-worn.

Shield.thumb.JPG.97fc9059e7cfc0795e36947110881c61.JPG

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Isn't that the alternate timeline shield that Steve brought back at Endgame's closing?

Cap_Sheild.thumb.JPG.6588c971924935a5ce7f95660616d60b.JPG

Caps shield has those inset etchings in each arm of the star, Walkers new one doesn't. Walker's has lines to counter the arms and seperate each of the 5 segments. My guess is the new footage is edited either because he doesn't actually have the shield at this point, or it's not the same colors, the blue looks way too vibrant and saturated. I can't see any reason Walker would carve those straight lines across the star section because they're not there in the last episode (also he'd need something else made out of Vibranium to etch it) it seems sort of like a "Join or die" flag reference, and they're definitely too perfect to have been made as damage from the Dora Milajes spears.

29 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Caps shield has those inset etchings in each arm of the star, Walkers new one doesn't. Walker's has lines to counter the arms and seperate each of the 5 segments. My guess is the new footage is edited either because he doesn't actually have the shield at this point, or it's not the same colors, the blue looks way too vibrant and saturated. I can't see any reason Walker would carve those straight lines across the star section because they're not there in the last episode (also he'd need something else made out of Vibranium to etch it) it seems sort of like a "Join or die" flag reference, and they're definitely too perfect to have been made as damage from the Dora Milajes spears.

Time will tell. But I get where your thinking is at.

But remember. Stark had to fix the shield after Civil War due to damage caused by Black Panther.

Cap_Sheild2.thumb.JPG.092297e98159becd3d276f660f6ed1a5.JPG

Did he have access to Vibranium when he did this? I don't think he did. Though that shield later on was shattered by Thanos.

Could it be the real shield has to be repaired after the attack by the Dora Milaje? And they may have used a technique like Tony used.