• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Did anyone else catch the Secret Service Chief saying "I thought Captain America was on the moon" at the 4 minute mark? I'm wondering if he'll show up in Secret Invasion & maybe they'll even introduce The Watcher in the MCU.

There is a rumor already the same writer working on Cap 4 is working on a Chris Evans moonbase project.

According to sources close to Deadline, Kevin Feige's Marvel Studios is developing two Cap-centric projects: Spellman's Captain America 4, a feature film focused on Mackie's Sam Wilson Captain America, and the possible Evans project that would be separate. In January, Deadline reported Evans was in talks to return to Marvel in "at least one Marvel property, with the door open for a second film."

21 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not saying the women super-heroes, SHIELD agents, and Dora Milaje haven't been able to kick butt, what I'm talking about is their role in the story and dynamic relation to the leading male characters. In Iron Man 2, Natasha/Black Widow kicked serious butt, but her role within the story as written is to serve Tony Stark's adventure. In Age of Ultron, Natasha also kicked butt, but still served a subservient role in relation to the big guys. Sharon Carter is a bada*s agent in Winter Soldier and Civil War, but her role within the story is to serve Steve Rogers' story/mission. The Dora Milaje's whole thing was to serve the throne. They're the ultimate secondary characters.

On the other hand, in MCU films where women are part of a team, like Gamora in Guardians or Hope Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp, although they got to be decision makers in the adventure, that higher role was somewhat diminished by having to also play the wet blanket to the goofy fun loving guys. Star-Lord, Rocket, Drax, and Scott Lang get to have fun and laugh and make jokes while Gamora and Hope constantly attempt to supress that fun. Now, instead of playing handmaids, they're playing nannies.

Which brings me to Captain Marvel and a reason why I love the MCU version so much. Carol is the main character of her story so she is h-word to nobody. At the same time, she isn't nanny to a bunch of goofball guys. In fact, she gets to have fun and make dumb jokes this time.

I just don't feel Natasha Romanoff had achieved this level of character development until Endgame.

Wanda got this higher level treatment in WandaVision.

And now Sharon Carter got to be her own person, particularly towards the end of FWS. But even at the beginning, her main purpose to help Sam and Bucky was to get the U.S. pardon. She wasn't simply helping because it's her role to help in the story. She got to be selfish. For Marvel to allow a secondary character like Sharon to suddenly make her own decisions in her own self-interest is a major step IMO for women characters in the MCU. How much more selfish and independent will the women super-heroes (not named Carol Danvers) that are getting their own adventures be then?

do we think carter took the serum? she seemed to be pretty cool about getting shot in the gut last episode. 

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

There is a rumor already the same writer working on Cap 4 is working on a Chris Evans moonbase project.

I didn't see any mention of a moon based project, but had noted that Captain America may be returning in a potential role or cameo. I had considered that it may be a small part at the end of F&WS, but that didn't happen. We may even see RDJ again, as John Watts did tell Alfred Molina, “In this universe, no one really dies”. They just need to make their presentations affordable enough to sustain the projects their developing, so we won't see the same level of actors or CGI unless there are price cuts to those costs as well. I think people will adjust, as reduced payments are better than nothing & most actors live expensive lifestyles.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

do we think carter took the serum? she seemed to be pretty cool about getting shot in the gut last episode. 

I think it's more about her state of mind than any powers. She's resilient enough to focus on her goal than simply the moment at hand. Soldiers do this all the time, otherwise they would constantly be in a state of anxiety.

1 minute ago, chezmtghut said:

I didn't see any mention of a moon based project, but had noted that Captain America may be returning in a potential role or cameo. I had considered that it may be a small part at the end of F&WS, but that didn't happen. We may even see RDJ again, as John Watts did tell Alfred Molina, “In this universe, no one really dies”. They just need to make their presentations affordable enough to sustain the projects their developing, so we won't see the same level of actors or CGI unless there are price cuts to those costs as well. I think people will adjust, as reduced payments are better than nothing & most actors live expensive lifestyles.

I think it's more about her state of mind than any powers. She's resilient enough to focus on her goal than simply the moment at hand. Soldiers do this all the time, otherwise they would constantly be in a state of anxiety.

There's actually rumors Sharon Carter is a Skrull, and that was why she could take the shot to the stomach. Which would then play out in Secret Invasion.

I had forgot about that.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Fans Suspect Major Character Is a Skrull

Are one of the shape-shifting Skrulls hiding in plain sight on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier? Spoilers for Friday's series finale, "One World, One People." When Captain America (Anthony Mackie) and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) team up with a fugitive Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp) to take on Karli Morgenthau (Erin Kellyman) and her Super Soldier Flag Smashers, who are backed by a spying Batroc (Georges St-Pierre), all parties converge on the Global Repatriation Council headquarters in New York City. It's there we learn that ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. spy and former CIA Agent Carter is the Power Broker who funded Dr. Wilfred Nagel's (Olli Haaskivi) recreated Super Soldier Serum empowering Karli as well as rogue agent John Walker (Wyatt Russell).

Some viewers accurately predicted that Sharon's shady dealings in Madripoor meant she was the mysterious Power Broker, but the finale's mid-credits scene has some suspecting she's disguising another secret: this Sharon is a Skrull.

When Sharon is offered a full pardon and an opening in her old division at the CIA — where she was employed until she helped then-fugitives Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) and the Falcon (Mackie) during the events of Captain America: Civil War — she phones someone and tells them to "start lining up our buyers."

"Super Soldiers might be off the menu," says a smirking Sharon, "but we're about to have full access to government secrets, prototype weapons, you name it. Should be something for everyone." End of series.

Who is on the other end of the phone is a mystery: is it Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), the Nick Fury-type shot-caller who recruited the Super Soldier Serum-powered John Walker as her black-clad U.S. Agent? Or could it be the still-unrevealed Benefactor who hired Sonny Burch (Walton Goggins) in Ant-Man and the Wasp? Maybe former military contractor Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell)?

The scene could be set up for the upcoming Disney+ series Armor Wars, where James Rhodes (Don Cheadle), the heavy firepower Avenger known as War Machine, suits up for action when the late Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.) technology falls into the wrong hands.

Because Spider-Man: Far From Home and WandaVision both ended with Skrull reveals, some fans are questioning if Falcon and Winter Soldier is following this trend with a Skrull-Sharon going deep undercover ahead of Marvel's Secret Invasion. The series, starring Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and good guy Skrull Talos (Ben Mendelsohn), is inspired by the Marvel Comics storyline of the same name, where it's revealed the shape-shifting Skrulls have infiltrated every level of life on Earth — including governments and superhero teams like the Avengers.

maybe they gave a hint at her being a skrull when she was wearing the guy's face outside the building. i thought that was just the shield tech we have seen before, but I suspect a skrull could pull off the switcheroo to make it look like that. on the other hand, were she a skrull she'd only have limited access to carter's memories, so all those interactions where she knew a lot of details could be a problem. and don't skrulls have good tech already, why does she need to steal it?

anyway... it was all entertaining, but I didn't find the bloodthirsty-ness of the flagsmashers to be so believable. we get very little development on what these folks are facing. and the flagsmashers all seem to be europeans for the most part, why are they so ticked off again? Wouldn't refugees from third world countries be the ones getting kicked out and sent back? She sounds like a brit or something.

also, walker and barnes are trained killing machines. particularly barnes. are the flagsmashers all supposed to be trained fighters who took the serum, why do they have all these ninja skills? walker should have easily beaten karli to a pulp one on one. even with the serum she is a little lady vs. walker. 

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There is always that possibility, but Skrulls wouldn't need access to top secret government tech, as their tech is far more advanced.

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

maybe they gave a hint at her being a skrull when she was wearing the guy's face outside the building. i thought that was just the shield tech we have seen before, but I suspect a skrull could pull off the switcheroo to make it look like that. on the other hand, were she a skrull she'd only have limited access to carter's memories, so all those interactions where she knew a lot of details could be a problem. and don't skrulls have good tech already, why does she need to steal it?

anyway... it was all entertaining, but I didn't find the bloodthirsty-ness of the flagsmashers to be so believable. we get very little development on what these folks are facing. and the flagsmashers all seem to be europeans for the most part, why are they so ticked off again? Wouldn't refugees from third world countries be the ones getting kicked out and sent back? She sounds like a brit or something.

also, walker and barnes are trained killing machines. particularly barnes. are the flagsmashers all supposed to be trained fighters who took the serum, why do they have all these ninja skills? walker should have easily beaten karli to a pulp one on one. even with the serum she is a little lady vs. walker. 

Skrulls use tech that copies electromagnetic fields to replicate DNA & memories of others into their own body, so they would have access to everything up to the point when their emf was copied. I believe there is a point where Kari mentions that they were soldiers that were abandoned by their government earlier in the series, so the Flag-Smashers did have training. Ultimately, I think the governments are the real antagonist of this series, which Falcon points out in the finale. His speech about governments needing to do better & protect their people, or another person will take up the cause & we don't want to see Kari 2.0 come around.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

There is always that possibility, but Skrulls wouldn't need access to top secret government tech, as their tech is far more advanced.

Skrulls use tech that copies electromagnetic fields to replicate DNA & memories of others into their own body, so they would have access to everything up to the point when their emf was copied. I believe there is a point where Kari mentions that they were soldiers that were abandoned by their government earlier in the series, so the Flag-Smashers did have training. Ultimately, I think the governments are the real antagonist of this series, which Falcon points out in the finale. His speech about governments needing to do better & protect their people, or another person will take up the cause & we don't want to see Kari 2.0 come around.

Especially as there is one living flag smasher and 3 super soldiers (not including cap) to collect DNA from to build more. Of course, at the end of the day bullets kill them. Why weren't they wearing kevlar body armor?

5 hours ago, the blob said:

If Sharon Carter never took the serum in the comics, I don't think they'd have her take it in the MCU. Plus, I think she realizes the dangers of it, how it could amplify negative aspects of your personality. Plus, I'd think if she was a secret super soldier, she'd have had an easier time fending off the bounty hunters in Episode 4 or whatever it was.

Skrulls are good guys. That was established in Captain Marvel, reestablished at the end of Spiderman Far From Home, and reestablished again at the end of WandaVision. I'm not sure what Secret Invasion is going to be about, but the Skrulls will be good guys. I'm sure any Skrull operating on Earth has the consent and goodwill of Nick Fury and Talos and I don't think they'd approve of a Skrull doing some of the things that Sharon Carter was doing. So no, I don't think Sharon Carter is a Skrull, either. I think she's just a woman who got nothing but grief being on Team America and Team Cap, and has now decided to be on Team Sharon.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Skrulls are good guys. That was established in Captain Marvel, reestablished at the end of Spiderman Far From Home, and reestablished again at the end of WandaVision. I'm not sure what Secret Invasion is going to be about, but the Skrulls will be good guys. I'm sure any Skrull operating on Earth has the consent and goodwill of Nick Fury and Talos and I don't think they'd approve of a Skrull doing some of the things that Sharon Carter was doing. So no, I don't think Sharon Carter is a Skrull, either. I think she's just a woman who got nothing but grief being on Team America and Team Cap, and has now decided to be on Team Sharon.

But what this assumes is all Skrulls are the same. Like all human being as the same. If a group is good, everyone is good. That's a simplification when it comes to individual actions and values.

Of course you can have bad Skrulls. I'm surprised @Gatsby77gave you a pass on this reality versus claiming you are obtuse. He must be off his observations game today.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Secrete Invasion does not work if all the Skrulls are good guys.

4 minutes ago, drotto said:

Right? And to assume a group of Skrulls were good so therefore all are good and caring - if the MCU took this stance - would be a horrible approach to character design for an entire race.

This isn't Galaxy Quest with the Thermians.

9 minutes ago, drotto said:

I've said this before and maybe I'll be wrong but I think the invading aliens in the Secret Invasion won't be Skrulls and be a different alien race altogether. This means it won't be a straight adaptation of the Bendis event storyline. It's a Disney+ show which makes me think it'll be a smaller scale story. In past posts, I've thrown out Dire Wraiths (or something similar) as a possible invading alien, but we'll see. Either way, I think it'd just be too confusing for general mainstream audiences to see Skrulls as both good guys and bad guys. Plus, Talos is going to team up with Fury in the show, again pointing to Skrulls being good guys.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I've said this before and maybe I'll be wrong but I think the invading aliens in the Secret Invasion won't be Skrulls and be a different alien race altogether. This means it won't be a straight adaptation of the Bendis event storyline. It's a Disney+ show which makes me think it'll be a smaller scale story. In past posts, I've thrown out Dire Wraiths (or something similar) as a possible invading alien, but we'll see. Either way, I think it'd just be too confusing for general mainstream audiences to see Skrulls as both good guys and bad guys. Plus, Talos is going to team up with Fury in the show, again pointing to Skrulls being good guys.

That makes no logical sense. Like with Steve Rogers as a really good guy, then all human beings across Earth must be good or it would confuse the mainstream audience.

See how that doesn't add up? There most probably are bad Skrulls.

21 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But what this assumes is all Skrulls are the same. Like all human being as the same. If a group is good, everyone is good. That's a simplification when it comes to individual actions and values.

Of course you can have bad Skrulls. I'm surprised @Gatsby77gave you a pass on this reality versus claiming you are obtuse. He must be off his observations game today.

Okay, let's assume it's a small band of rogue Skrulls invading Earth and going against the wishes of Talos and Skrull ally Nick Fury. What's the point of that? Is it a band of teenage Skrulls just looking to cause mischief? The usual reason for an alien invasion according to the Handbook of Alien Invasions is to conquer Earth. It would be almost like Skrull suicide to cross Talos, Captain Marvel, and Fury who was aboard a Skrull spaceship in Spiderman FFH manned by an army of Skrulls. I just think it's an offbrand alien race who don't care about Captain Marvel (or never heard of her), Talos, or Fury.

There are so many aliens to choose from if Marvel wants to expand its universe. Why have Skrulls fighting each other? This is a chance to introduce Dire Wraiths (by another name, though, as the Wraiths name is owned by Hasbro), the Badoon, the Brood, the Cotati, or anybody else. Back in the days of Marvel's horror sci-fi Atlas comics, almost every issue featured a secret alien invasion from a new alien race like every month.