• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

You do realize that is attempting to honor Native American ceremonial dress that you just referred to as 'dumb'. Right?

united-states-of-captain-america-3-3-1267277.jpeg.01ae6416d04147cf5f9a2b93b90d5d59.jpeg

It's not practical at all, and is more in the style of ceremonial dress. A real Native American warrior would never go to battle dressed like this with all that stuff hanging off of him. He looks like a bird. Or a falcon.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

It's not practical at all, and is more in the style of ceremonial dress. A real Native American warrior would never go to battle dressed like this with all that stuff hanging off of him. He looks like a bird. Or a falcon.

Hey, everyone likes their ceremonial flare.

CPT_Marvel.thumb.jpg.8ac7ba481a1f5397e5fcc2bdbc1c88bf.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Hey, everyone likes their ceremonial flare.

I respect that the artist is a Native American from Newfoundland, but the suit needs to be streamlined. A villain could use those fringes against him. Really, if a Native American is going to become Captain America, I'd think they just wear the traditional outfit with maybe minimal color redesigns like Sam's new outfit. Maybe a Native American belt made for him by his ancestors or something. This new Cap should also have an accessory weapon besides the Shield if he wants to advertise his Native American roots, maybe a lance or something.

I respect that the artist is a Native American from Newfoundland, but the suit needs to be streamlined. A villain could use those fringes against him. Really, if a Native American is going to become Captain America, I'd think they just wear the traditional outfit with maybe minimal color redesigns like Sam's new outfit. Maybe a Native American belt made for him by his ancestors or something. This new Cap should also have an accessory weapon besides the Shield if he wants to advertise his Native American roots, maybe a lance or something.

:roflmao:

That should do it!

lance.png.c38c3190803126d122f999fa17d0976e.png

Now I remember why you weren't serving alongside me.

"Soldiers, grab your lances and get into your defense positions. The enemy is coming!"

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

That should do it!

lance.png.c38c3190803126d122f999fa17d0976e.png

Now I remember why you weren't serving alongside me.

"Soldiers, grab your lances and get into your defense positions. The enemy is coming!"

Not a medieval knight's lance. A Native American lance like the one sported by Wind In His Hair below:

windinhair.jpg.bff1569d537fe0bc89077917359d6db9.jpg

If a Native American Cap could get gifted a Vibranium arrowhead to put at the tip an ancestral lance, it could be quite a formidable weapon.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not a medieval knight's lance. A Native American lance like the one sported by Wind In His Hair below:

windinhair.jpg.bff1569d537fe0bc89077917359d6db9.jpg

Since you used that picture of an actor (Rodney Grant), which was listed under the Spear section.

Native American Indian Weapons

So this Captain America will ride around on horseback? Fantastic.

Edited by Bosco685

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So this Captain America will ride around on horseback? Fantastic.

Captain America on a horse would actually be a great image. Makes more sense than Batman on a horse.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

'Wind In Hair' - you can't even acknowledge the guy's real name.

His name is Wind In His Hair. I've seen Dances With Wolves like a dozen times.

Captain America on a horse would actually be a great image. Makes more sense than Batman on a horse.

I think you are confused why Batman was on a horse. But whatever. That's not the MCU.

His name is Wind In His Hair. I've seen Dances With Wolves like a dozen times.

The actor's name is Rodney Grant. Using his role as a real Native American reference point from a movie doesn't always acknowledge reality.

Isaiah Bradley’s story in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier means there could be other super-soldiers out there Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) - the new Captain America - and the Avengers know nothing about. Through the Power Broker, the Disney+ series introduced new super-soldiers into the MCU, such as U.S. Agent (Wyatt Russell) and Karli Morgenthau’s Flag Smashers, but there may be more that already exist but haven’t been seen yet.

When Bucky (Sebastian Stan) took Sam to Isaiah’s home, he found out about the government’s efforts to recreate the super-soldier serum and produce successors to Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), one of which being the Black hero from the Korean War, Isaiah Bradley (Carl Lumbly), who in the comics was the first Black Captain America. Isaiah confirmed to Sam that other people aside from him received the serum, but only he survived it. For thirty years, he was experimented on by scientists trying to understand how it worked on him but no one else. Later, a nurse arranged for him to be declared dead so that he could be free once again.

• Nuke
  • Wolverine
  • Protocide
  • Sentry: Sentry is one of the most powerful characters in the entire Marvel Universe and a major member of the New Avengers in the mid-2000s. He’s someone fans have had their eye on for a long time now in terms of which Avengers Marvel might incorporate into the MCU. As a character who is depicted as a forgotten hero in Marvel Comics, it’s likely that if the MCU has any plans at all for Sentry, he already exists in the MCU and could be reawakened at any time.
  • The Grand Director: Marvel Comics had a big plot hole on its hands when it revealed in the 1964 comic, The Avengers #4, Steve Rogers had been on ice since 1945. The problem is the company was still publishing Captain America comics in the 1950s, where he was battling communists. In the 1970s, Marvel fixed this by explaining the 1950s Captain America was actually William Burnside, a teacher who idolized Steve. With the aid of the US government, a new super-soldier serum, and plastic surgery, Burnside became the new Captain America and the new Steve Rogers. If the 1950s Captain America is alive somewhere in the MCU, he’d be a strong candidate for Sam Wilson’s upcoming Marvel movie.
  • Nomad (Jack Monroe)

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Batman on a horse, you say?

Behold - my latest win from this week's Comiclink auction! 

Batman 24.jpg

Outstanding!

Though with The Dark Knight Bruce used this like the police force where vehicles can't push through crowds or tight places like a horse can. Which is why they are still actively used for crowd control.

This idea popped into my head and it made me laugh, so I started working on it in photoshop.

1234487966_TheFalconandMelania.thumb.jpg.1fb39f9a2b18fe714edfe44f688dad0c.jpg

Edited by D84
fixed an issue with the image

Best Hero
Anthony Mackie – “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” – WINNER
Gal Gadot – “Wonder Woman 1984”
Jack Quaid – “The Boys”
Pedro Pascal – “The Mandalorian”
Teyonah Parris – “WandaVision”

Over a massive success of The Mandalorian with Pedro Pascal? Or even Teyonah Parris? Interesting.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:31 PM, Gatsby77 said:

OMG - this is perfect. “The Power Broker...Is it Mephisto?”

early in this series I believed there was a chance (though a bit of a longshot) that the unrevealed character in the shadows being referred to as the Power Broker could actually be Kingpin.   Crime lord, connection with art gallery, etc 

After the series concluded I wasn’t any closer or further to believing, however one thing just occurred this evening that now has me still considering .... I happened to be rewatching Netflix’s Daredevil season 1 and just made my way to episode 12 and got to the part at the end where ...... spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn’t seen it and doesn’t want to be spoiled .... Kingpin confronts Ben Urich in his apartment .... as the camera focuses in on Fisk, he is sitting in front of Urich’s bookcase and there is a book on the shelf with a white dust-jacket that clearly stands out .... title of the book, “The Power Broker”  

10 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

early in this series I believed there was a chance (though a bit of a longshot) that the unrevealed character in the shadows being referred to as the Power Broker could actually be Kingpin.   Crime lord, connection with art gallery, etc 

After the series concluded I wasn’t any closer or further to believing, however one thing just occurred this evening that now has me still considering .... I happened to be rewatching Netflix’s Daredevil season 1 and just made my way to episode 12 and got to the part at the end where ...... spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn’t seen it and doesn’t want to be spoiled .... Kingpin confronts Ben Urich in his apartment .... as the camera focuses in on Fisk, he is sitting in front of Urich’s bookcase and there is a book on the shelf with a white dust-jacket that clearly stands out .... title of the book, “The Power Broker”  

I know the scene. Screenshot, please?