• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Actual pic of my reaction when Elaine shows up when I was expecting a great cameo 

A1BB6E1E-E039-4D7E-8AEF-7F7B3A802967.jpeg

Same.  I like Louis-Dreyfuss, but this scene didn't make me like her as Madame HYDRA.  Doesn't mean she can't still kill it eventually, but that one scene should have gone unmentioned by the producer because it made me expect more than it provided.  Had I not heard him hype it I probably would have enjoyed it more.

54 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:
Spoiler

And glad I was wrong. Madame Hydra makes way more sense in a tightly written series than another wandering wayward character in a series full of wandering wayward characters. She also makes way more sense than introducing another superhero to distract from the real story of this episode: Sam powering up.

It wasn't very smart, though, of the Defense officials to throw John Walker to the wind like that. The guy's a super soldier now, a crazy super soldier, but super all the same. You could, nay should, do something with that, and Walker seemed willing to soldier on. Makes sense for someone like Evil Elaine to sneak in and take advantage of the opportunity.

Would still like to see Rick Jones show up somehow in the MCU. In the comics, he's the kid who brought the Avengers together.

Great episode. What's in the box? A vibranium battle suit?

MCU_hynoptized.gif.367a1c2783b17c8961cdbd42d502f7bc.gif

They could show scenes of Bucky shaving his backside in the shower and your first thought would be, "Never done before: amazing!"

:nyah:

14 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Does there though? I feel like the MCU was built on gratuitous cameos and easter eggs. I haven't watched the episode yet, so I don't know what narrative purpose she serves, but the quote was opposite a worldshaker LIKE Thor, not Thor explicitly. I'm not even a fan of Dreyfus' I find Seinfeld near unwatchable, but funny people opposite Thor seems to always land. A secret agent opposite Thor would probably be funny in it's own right though. Imagine someone doing a covert ops mission with Thor and he just bifrosts his way down, superhero poses, or hammers his way right through the front door and totally blows their cover. Seems like something someone somewhere would like to see whether or not it's compelling cinema. (shrug)

If you go back to Iron Man (2008) and watch the emotional story played out as a start to this entire journey. To include the man that sacrifices himself to save Tony Stark (Ho Yinsen).

It was about solid stories on top of franchise connections and new character intros. Kevin Feige even noted this with the Marvel One-Shots - story over gratuitous content to fill disc space.

Pearce, Kingsley Discuss "All Hail the King," Share New "Winter Soldier" Footage

Feige told the theatre that when it comes to making the shorts, "It really is about what's the idea, not, 'Oh, we have to add another feature on the Blu-ray.' 

If anyone missed that in the MCU, they didn't get the full story entertainment experience.

Now it's clear why the showrunner was surprised with that appearance.

Shortly after The Falcon and The Winter Soldier episode 5 began streaming on Disney+, Vanity Fair published an article that shared new information on Louis-Dreyfus' MCU future. They were told by sources close to production that she was originally meant to debut as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in Black Widow. There is no information on the size of the role or if Marvel Studios is changing this plan due to the Phase 4 release slate reshuffling. All that is known at this time is that Louis-Dreyfus was scheduled to appear in Black Widow, and that might still be the case when the film releases in theaters and on Disney+ this July.

If Marvel Studios keeps Louis-Dreyfus in Black Widow, this will be one example of the Phase 4 release date changes altering how fans experience and react to the stories at hand. The original plan would've seen Valentina debut in Black Widow and possibly provide more information on her character. Instead of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier viewers knowing who she is and what she's up to, it is now on the Disney+ show to introduce her character. It also puts Black Widow in the position to feature a character audiences are already familiar with and know where her future is heading.

I actually like the snark that JLD brings to her roles so that must have been the attraction in casting.  I smirked so I want to see how it plays out. 

4 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

WOW!  $1800 for a 9.4?!?!  The market is crazy and I just don't understand it anymore!

Just now?

The comic book market has been nuts for a few years now on all these TV show and film appearances. To include initial rumors that then go nowhere yet sellers will still push the message a production is still in the works.

I wonder how big a part was planned for Madame Hydra in Black Widow pre-pandemic? That's a pretty big actress name tied to that role.

MCU_Phase4.thumb.jpg.0db11789917d1dc9e7b240e417dcdee5.jpg

And since the Falcon/WS showrunner was surprised she was appearing in Episode 5, does that mean she was lined up for other movie appearances and shows? Like maybe BW to Shang-Chi to Hawkeye.

Edited by Bosco685

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

If you go back to Iron Man (2008) and watch the emotional story played out as a start to this entire journey. To include the man that sacrifices himself to save Tony Stark (Ho Yinsen).

It was about solid stories on top of franchise connections and new character intros. Kevin Feige even noted this with the Marvel One-Shots - story over gratuitous content to fill disc space.

Pearce, Kingsley Discuss "All Hail the King," Share New "Winter Soldier" Footage

If anyone missed that in the MCU, they didn't get the full story entertainment experience.

I guess you're right gratuitous wasn't the right word choice the cameos aren't unnecessary they're overabundant. Now to try and say the one shots aren't gratuitous with cameos? I think the first one literally has Coulson meet with Sitwell to talk to Tony Stark to talk to Thunderbolt Ross to say how Abomination shouldn't be on the Avengers. Were all those characters necessary to make that point? Did that point even need to be made? 

Obviously the story should make sense first and foremost, but having the Avengers battle Madame Hydra isn't something that's hard to imagine. I don't think "partnered with" meant they want her to be a buddy cop duo with Thor, it's more like "acting against" because the personalities are so distinct.

Best guess off the top of my head she could be the one heading the Siege storyline instead of Norman Osborn as it appears she's putting together a team of either Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers. Since she was set to premier in Black Widow it stands to reason Yelena or Iron Maiden is also going to be on her team. If they try to destroy the MCUs New Asgard her bumping heads with Thor seems like a pretty solid story.

30 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I guess you're right gratuitous wasn't the right word choice the cameos aren't unnecessary they're overabundant. Now to try and say the one shots aren't gratuitous with cameos? I think the first one literally has Coulson meet with Sitwell to talk to Tony Stark to talk to Thunderbolt Ross to say how Abomination shouldn't be on the Avengers. Were all those characters necessary to make that point? Did that point even need to be made? 

Oh, that one is the most obvious Marvel One-Shot that I really cared less about. Meanwhile...

Agent Carter: Seemed to line up wonderfully as a follow-up to Captain America: The First Avenger and into her show

30 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Obviously the story should make sense first and foremost, but having the Avengers battle Madame Hydra isn't something that's hard to imagine. I don't think "partnered with" meant they want her to be a buddy cop duo with Thor, it's more like "acting against" because the personalities are so distinct.

Best guess off the top of my head she could be the one heading the Siege storyline instead of Norman Osborn as it appears she's putting together a team of either Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers. Since she was set to premier in Black Widow it stands to reason Yelena or Iron Maiden is also going to be on her team. If they try to destroy the MCUs New Asgard her bumping heads with Thor seems like a pretty solid story.

Now as far as interpreting what the showrunner meant when he noted "I’d love to see that character with Thor" I don't think ANYONE in here implied teaming them up as the next Falcon and Winter Soldier partnership. Did they? So not sure where you are going with that one. Naturally it would be playing them off of one another. Right?

And of course the answer is 'right' as your proposal makes the most sense concerning her leading a team that could take on Thor (or attempt to). But now we would be reading into what the showrunner even knows about the long-term plans. But I like what you are suggesting.