• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Here's the problem

After the silly opening E1 sequence, the show's been gloomy & sad. All characters are sad & unhappy. Falcon smiles here & there, but that's rare. There's no buddy film fun. There's no action fun. There's no high fantasy fun. There's no fun.

There's simply gloomy, depressed, forlorn, angry, & unhappy characters & equally so political themes. 

Grim & gritty & just bad. 

Do we know how this show has performed? 

If so, can we compare it to WV's performance?

I'd like to know how dumbdumb, redneck & racist 'Murica likes it.  

2 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

The number one most streamed original show according to the  Nielsen ratings on the first two episodes (628 million minutes streamed)  better than Wandavision I think

10 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

After the silly opening E1 sequence, the show's been gloomy & sad. All characters are sad & unhappy. Falcon smiles here & there, but that's rare. There's no buddy film fun. There's no action fun. There's no high fantasy fun. There's no fun.

There's simply gloomy, depressed, forlorn, angry, & unhappy characters & equally so political themes. 

Grim & gritty & just bad. 

I like how you completely took me out of context but kept the message on point.

Everyone is miserable on this set. The only character with any promise was Baron Zemo and he was also subdued.

40 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

33 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

The number one most streamed original show according to the  Nielsen ratings on the first two episodes (628 million minutes streamed)  better than Wandavision I think

Adding to that WandaVisions ratings for its' first two episodes, which aired on the same day instead of two seperate weeks like FatWS, got 434 million minutes streamed and was beat out by 5 other shows.

32 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Come on, at least he busted a move in the club.

I've seen the uncensored version and he really got down. But it was eliminated as it messed with the overall theme of the show. 

Gloom

17 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I've seen the uncensored version and he really got down. But it was eliminated as it messed with the overall theme of the show. 

Gloom

Gloom on the Bayou.

30 years.

Supremacy.

3 suspect MOH.

All is suspect.

This show is Zemo's blank face.

FFS, how drunk on hatred can pop-art be?

Bloated, decadent self-hatred.  

2 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

I saw that announcement today. Talk about pandemic times allowing for a show to bubble to the top.

WandaVision at least had people chatting up a storm. We all saw it, as we were part of it. This show? Give me a break. No comparison.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I saw that announcement today. Talk about pandemic times allowing for a show to bubble to the top.

WandaVision at least had people chatting up a storm. We all saw it, as we were part of it. This show? Give me a break. No comparison.

There is so little chatter about FaWS.  The minutes streamed also does not seem to be a truly accurate measure of how many people are watching.  How can you compare a show that has an average run time of 30 minutes to a show with an average run time of 50 minutes?

47 minutes ago, drotto said:

There is so little chatter about FaWS.  The minutes streamed also does not seem to be a truly accurate measure of how many people are watching.  How can you compare a show that has an average run time of 30 minutes to a show with an average run time of 50 minutes?

I just don't get it.

This show doesn't even touch the level of engagement that went on here with WandaVision. That thread blew up to 155 pages within just the first season. That's how much talk went on about so many topics in that thread. Including all the speculation who was or was not going to appear.

We are up to 37 pages in this thread with half of that being Silvermania posting how incredible and game-changing this show is. For him.

Edited by Bosco685

https://www.engadget.com/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-streaming-premiere-stats-203512547.html

By the numbers, Falcon and Winter Soldier has more viewers than WandaVision. The reason why there's less internet chatter is because it isn't a mystery like WV and there's no big speculation buzz on Mephisto or Magneto or Reed Richards showing up in the next episode. FWS is more of an action drama that's giving the viewers most of what they need to know for that episode instead of causing fans speculation ad nauseum over who the mystery big bad is like over in WV.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Baron Zemo is still my favorite....and maybe what's in the box.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sam's new Captain America themed vibranium suit but Baron Zemo's head in the box as a warning to not cross Wakandans would be kind of awesome, too...

40 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

but Baron Zemo's head in the box as a warning to not cross Wakandans would be kind of awesome, too...

While I know it is the suit in the box, I just have to say Marvel would be insufficiently_thoughtful_persons to off Zemo like that.  He is a great villain as honestly he is relatable.  Yes he wants to kill super-heroes, but he didn't start until the super-heroes (and Iron Man's hubris) blew up his whole damn country and everyone he loved.   

Overall not as good as Wandavision. But still had some highlights. The Flag Smashers just aren't very good villains.

But liked Sharon Carter, US Agent, and Baron Zero. Tales of Suspense 75 might have some more life.

Edited by Rip