• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sharing a cool link
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2018 at 11:23 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

So cool.  Unfortunately no Timely or DC, I guess because those publishers are still active and took steps to copyright their early materials

There are pre-June, 1938 issues of DC’s New Fun and New Comics on there, probably overlooked due to them focusing more on Action Comics #1 and later comics in their backlog. The only Marvel-related title on there seems to be Miss Fury Comics, though all Marvel did was reprint her stories and didn’t own the character in the first place. Otherwise, I think that just about every long-lasting Golden Age company is considerably showcased on the site, though David McKay (King Comics) and Street & Smith (Shadow Comics) are strangely absent.

Edited by Electricmastro

9 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:

There are pre-June, 1938 issues of DC’s New Fun and New Comics on there, probably overlooked due to them focusing more on Action Comics #1 and later comics in their backlog. The only Marvel-related title on there seems to be Miss Fury Comics, though all Marvel did was reprint her stories and didn’t own the character in the first place. Otherwise, I think that just about every long-lasting Golden Age company is considerably showcased on the site, though David McKay (King Comics) and Street & Smith (Shadow Comics) are strangely absent.

It's all down to what had copyright renewed.  King Comics and Street & Smith were both careful about that.

There's not any EC or Classics Illustrated there either.