• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adam Warlock Marvel Premiere #1 CGC question

19 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, comicquant said:

To me it looks like a 6.0/6.5...  There is no way that would ever get close to an 8.5.

I'm with you on this.  6.0

Overstreet F 6.0 allows moderate color breaking creases (check), blunted corners (these are mostly sharp), minor staining, soiling, discoloration(light tanning of back cover), foxing, minor spine roll, 1/4" spine split or severe color break, minor staple tears, slight stress lines (check), minor rust migration. tan to brown pages (this is better).  This copy has a few of these defects, and lacks many of the more common defects for the grade.  Unfortunately, this book is a notoriously terrible presenter with the dark shiny black cover, and therefore usually gets dogged worse than it really should. I own 4 copies of this book that are relatively higher grade (7.0 - 8.5), but I still don't like the way any of them look.

Edited by davet75

13 hours ago, davet75 said:

I'm with you on this.  6.0

Overstreet F 6.0 allows moderate color breaking creases (check), blunted corners (these are mostly sharp), minor staining, soiling, discoloration(light tanning of back cover), foxing, minor spine roll, 1/4" spine split or severe color break, minor staple tears, slight stress lines (check), minor rust migration. tan to brown pages (this is better).  This copy has a few of these defects, and lacks many of the more common defects for the grade.  Unfortunately, this book is a notoriously terrible presenter with the dark shiny black cover, and therefore usually gets dogged worse than it really should. I own 4 copies of this book that are relatively higher grade (7.0 - 8.5), but I still don't like the way any of them look.

It's funny you mentioned the way it looks. I see what you mean the darker colors. I've noticed some sellers take really bright photos and do some photo editing to make what adam warlock is wearing stand out more. Think brightening the color of what he is wearing. 

I’ve purchased a number of mid grades to high grades of this book in the past year and this would fall in the 6.0 at best range for me. It’s funny this is the book people seem to punish grades on all the time, I can’t tell you how many sellers have tried to give me 5.5’s and 6.5’s and tried to pass them off as 8.5-9.0’s. I’m now only buying this book CGC’s if I was to buy more.