• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this correct to be in a blue holder?

14 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

:whatthe:

I feel like sending this back in might be a good idea to be given the correct holder.

I am assuming a mistake was made somewhere???

This is not my book.  I just saw it and it has a long while since I messed with SS so thought something had changed on unwitnessed cover sigs.  

5 minutes ago, telerites said:

This is not my book.  I just saw it and it has a long while since I messed with SS so thought something had changed on unwitnessed cover sigs.  

Gotcha. Well, I don't believe that this book has the correct holder and/or in the right category. Unless something has changed that I am not aware of. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or a CGC employee can comment. But as it is not your book, I guess whosever book this is, got a book with a rare mistake. 

4 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

Gotcha. Well, I don't believe that this book has the correct holder and/or in the right category. Unless something has changed that I am not aware of. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or a CGC employee can comment. But as it is not your book, I guess whosever book this is, got a book with a rare mistake. 

(thumbsu Used to be a GLOD which I think it still should be.  Assume it is a QC error.

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

This book is fine in a blue holder.  The unwitnessed sig is a defect and does not affect the beater nature of the already 2.0 book.

:hi:Sean Thanks, I should have known that.  And thanks too all who posted.

I agree that the sig looks authentic, based on books that I have with his sig. just FYI, CBCS will now have a category and different colour label for an authenticated, but not witnessed signature. This book might benefit from a switch to CBCS. It would likely still be a 2.0 but with the added value of an authenticated Stan lee signature, which holds some decent value all on its own nowadays.

17 hours ago, comic girl said:

I agree that the sig looks authentic, based on books that I have with his sig. just FYI, CBCS will now have a category and different colour label for an authenticated, but not witnessed signature. This book might benefit from a switch to CBCS. It would likely still be a 2.0 but with the added value of an authenticated Stan lee signature, which holds some decent value all on its own nowadays.

And if you send it to them you might get it back by 2020 lol 

1 hour ago, Jerkfro said:
19 hours ago, comic girl said:

And if you send it to them you might get it back by 2020 lol 

Whatever you do, don't ask for a status update. They'll ban you.