• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One week old. 1 in 100. Already $2k?
3 3

99 posts in this topic

Twenty times ratio for a book that's been out a week. I like it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Spider-Gwen-Ghost-Spider-1-Jee-Hyung-1-100-Variant/142996502472

I mean... it's a beautiful cover, don't get me wrong. And raw copies are already in the $650 range. But... Yeah...

This is an example of what baffles me about this hobby we love so much. Why pay so much for just a cover of a brand new comic that you're not going to open? Just print out a copy of the cover if you love it so much.

Having said that, I wish I had 20 CGC 9.8 copies to sell so I could buy a new home. :wink:

13 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Twenty times ratio for a book that's been out a week. I like it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-Spider-Gwen-Ghost-Spider-1-Jee-Hyung-1-100-Variant/142996502472

I mean... it's a beautiful cover, don't get me wrong. And raw copies are already in the $650 range. But... Yeah...

You can list a book for anything you want. I don't think it will sell for that price, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

10 years from now people are going to be trying to unload all of these variants, and nobody is going to give a spit, because variants have become the norm.   There are not enough completionist's in the hobby who can afford or maintain all of the variants coming out.  Spend your money and go broke, leaves more good Silver and Bronze Age stuff for me.  

Rule of 25 is always in play.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Rule of 25 is always in play.

Normal circumstances, sure, I mean even X-Force #1 is somehow selling again, but who is going to micro-manage these variants, especially trying to thump thousands of dollars out of them years from now?!  Unless somebody starts a thread on a certain variant *ahem ahem*, (and keeps pounding away at it), these will fall in line with the rest of the bunch.  Seriously, nobody is going to give a rats arse about SPIDER GWEN GHOST SPIDER.   Certainly not at $2K. 

When the music stops somebody will be left holding a worthless comic with no chair to sit in. 

Wait what were talking about....see, I already forgot about it. 

49 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Normal circumstances, sure, I mean even X-Force #1 is somehow selling again, but who is going to micro-manage these variants, especially trying to thump thousands of dollars out of them years from now?!  Unless somebody starts a thread on a certain variant *ahem ahem*, (and keeps pounding away at it), these will fall in line with the rest of the bunch.  Seriously, nobody is going to give a rats arse about SPIDER GWEN GHOST SPIDER.   Certainly not at $2K. 

When the music stops somebody will be left holding a worthless comic with no chair to sit in. 

Wait what were talking about....see, I already forgot about it. 

I know. Nobody cares about Wolverine or Deadpool either. Just like was said when they came about.

Alright, I give. Just let me know where you got your sports almanac so I can get my copy too.

IMG_0036.JPG

57 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I know. Nobody cares about Wolverine or Deadpool either. Just like was said when they came about.

Alright, I give. Just let me know where you got your sports almanac so I can get my copy too.

IMG_0036.JPG

You seriously comparing a $2K off the shelf one week later variant to a .25 cent or $1 new comic that took years of storytelling, lore and movies to build up value?

Are you ponying up $2K for the Spider Gwen Variant if you are so confident?  I can post funny pics too....

free lesko.jpg

Edited by Mercury Man

7 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

lol You obviously don't understand the Rule of 25 if you think it applies to limited edition manufactured collectibles.

The Rule of 25 applies to everything.