WTB: DC Comic Presents 22 Whitman
1 1

11 posts in this topic

66 posts

Its a bit of a long shot but ,I am looking to buy a DC Comics Presents 22 raw that might be able  to press higher then a 8.5. If you have one for sale PM me.?? Thank you .

28 posts

I just came into possession of one but it won't press out near that lol.

In fact, I'm not sure what direction to take with this book.

Any advice?

IMG_20181101_183519.jpg

IMG_20181101_183545.jpg

66 posts
12 minutes ago, alewario said:

I just came into possession of one but it won't press out near that lol.

In fact, I'm not sure what direction to take with this book.

Any advice?

IMG_20181101_183519.jpg

IMG_20181101_183545.jpg

Nice find.  Depends what you want to do with it? keep it or sell it? 

66 posts
2 minutes ago, alewario said:

Dollar bin too lol.

Looking to sell it.

Id sell it raw . A 2.5 CGC ebay is listed right now for 1600.00  a bit of a stretch on that . float it there and see what bites you get?? There are a few Whitman collectors on the board may be some one will chime in for advice?

803 posts
5 hours ago, keithl said:

There are a few Whitman collectors on the board may be some one will chime in for advice?

Though this book has appeared a little more frequently in the last 2-3 years, the price has held up reasonably well (so far).

The ebay listing at $1600 is... well, let’s just say “disconnected from reality.” Your copy is pretty rough, but if I was trying to sell it, I might test the market at $400 but be prepared to take offers. Copies in the 4.0 to 5.0 range have been selling for $400-$500, so pricing yours that way might be a tad aggressive, but worth a try. My guess is that $250-$300 is about right, though, based on the pictures.

i would lean towards selling now. I’m pretty bullish on Whitmans in general, and this is definitely the toughest, but it’s become a little more common of late, and I’d be worried about whether the prices of low grade copies can hold at current levels.

That’s my two cents, anyways...

28 posts
8 hours ago, Brock said:

Though this book has appeared a little more frequently in the last 2-3 years, the price has held up reasonably well (so far).

The ebay listing at $1600 is... well, let’s just say “disconnected from reality.” Your copy is pretty rough, but if I was trying to sell it, I might test the market at $400 but be prepared to take offers. Copies in the 4.0 to 5.0 range have been selling for $400-$500, so pricing yours that way might be a tad aggressive, but worth a try. My guess is that $250-$300 is about right, though, based on the pictures.

i would lean towards selling now. I’m pretty bullish on Whitmans in general, and this is definitely the toughest, but it’s become a little more common of late, and I’d be worried about whether the prices of low grade copies can hold at current levels.

That’s my two cents, anyways...

Brock/Keith thanks for the advice and insight. It's much appreciated. 

66 posts

no worries, so if any one has a higher grade copy let me know? thanks

66 posts

bump

I would also be keen if any one has a slabbed copy too?