• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Pressing Remove Fingerprints?

18 posts in this topic

NOPE.  Look at this filthy book!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_623.jpg.d3014ae28cd0b6c400a1d4bf0fc99838.jpg

it got a 9.6.  I am fine with that because there is tiny spine damage.

41 year old book,,, pressed by CCS... no fingerprints allowed!

What exactly is this cleaning feature of pressing if it cant take off invisible fingerprints?

I'll give you 50 bucks if you can find the fingerprint without a black light!

41 year old book bought at 7/11, should i sue the company for touching it when they put it in the circular rack of doom?  Maybe it was the clerk when I paid for it?  Civil lawsuit... or maybe it was my pimply 12 year old face!  Fried chicken dinner?

So, I saw this episode of Comic Book Men where they visit some rich guy and touch and smell his copy of first Superman, 700K down the drain right?

Insanity.

3 hours ago, comicquant said:

Fingerprints are typically set with oils from the skin (or other external sources) which affect the paper fiber.

3 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I'll give you 50 bucks if you can find the fingerprint without a black light

Insanity.

It's not a question of whether it's visible to the naked eye or not, the relevance is in the last 5 words of comicquant's sentence that I've quoted. :eyeroll:

Edited by Gnasher

4 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

What exactly is this cleaning feature of pressing if it cant take off invisible fingerprints?

:grin:  What exactly are "invisible fingerprints"?  And how do you know they are there when they are invisible?   

4 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I'll give you 50 bucks if you can find the fingerprint without a black light!

41 year old book bought at 7/11, should i sue the company for touching it when they put it in the circular rack of doom?  Maybe it was the clerk when I paid for it?  Civil lawsuit... or maybe it was my pimply 12 year old face!  Fried chicken dinner?

So, I saw this episode of Comic Book Men where they visit some rich guy and touch and smell his copy of first Superman, 700K down the drain right?

Insanity.

Sell that piece of trash and buy a slabbed 9.6 without invisible (invisible???) fingerprints. 

12 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

cleaning feature of pressing

??? Cleaning and pressing are two different things. Any (dry) cleaning work that pressers offer typically refers to removing minor surface dirt.

Also, there must not be much of a fingerprint if the book got a 9.6.

3 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Also, there must not be much of a fingerprint if the book got a 9.6.

Exactly, the OP is lucky he still got a 9.6 AND he got a grader's note as to why !. Lots of newbies coming on lately complaining about their grades. I think a 9.6 for a late bronze book is an excellent grade. With today's submitters , it's 9.8 or bust.