• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Startling Terror Tales #10!
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I grade that at WOW. Without the flaws you pointed out I'd say 7.5 With them I think 6.0 or maybe 6.5 is possible. That stain doesn't wrinkle the paper or show much (if at all) on the other side. I've seen marks like that on old cover stock. They sometimes have no obvious moisture damage at all, and I've even wondered if they are simply uneven bleaching of the stock. (shrug)

3 hours ago, AJD said:

That stain doesn't wrinkle the paper or show much (if at all) on the other side. I've seen marks like that on old cover stock. They sometimes have no obvious moisture damage at all, and I've even wondered if they are simply uneven bleaching of the stock. (shrug)

I think I know what you mean. I tend to think this is a real stain and not a transfer-stain-pretend-it's-not-there by CGC's standards, but who knows.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, Point Five said:

Amazing gloss and colors on front; super flat, tight, vibrant. Two notable flaws though: 1) inside front cover has a stain/"tide line" visible, and 2) there's a 2" tear on the first page. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

startlingterror10.jpg.ab7d8f62fe1e65326a854b124af5f28a.jpg

startlingterror10back.jpg.debe57282abeac9c725e4cfa40a9373f.jpg

startlingterror10pg1.JPG.f7572c887b40de73aaa4839baf41e57f.JPG

startlingterror10pg2.JPG.c51df3ee19e99285a0012c26a5c66793.JPG

The stain …… 6.0 ...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu