• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art show in Los Angeles this weekend!!!

17 posts in this topic

It had been posted under cgc comic events. 

It seems like this con was thrown together at the last minute very poor planning and terrible promotion.

They have a section for guests yet none are listed less than 2 days before the con. Still lists:

"Special Guests to be announced. Please check back."

...Anyways, I went and had a good time. The room was much more filled than the particular moment that photo was taken. (At least for much of the morning it was.)

I didn't buy anything, but saw several items I hope to add to my collection in the future. Don't know if dealers would count those as sales from the show, but they should.

Also got to see the results of a couple of major transactions. I hope it returns next year. 

Sorry I didn't take pics. Was on the run today and had to squeeze this show in between a bunch of other things.

Maybe these events could be marketed more as performance art, as opposed to places where you would actually buy art.  Attendees could pay to watch Bechara haggle with Albert for 20 minutes over a six-figure cover or splash.  That could be worth the price of admission for me.  Best, Lee

8 hours ago, J.Sid said:

What does "just one room" mean?  The floor at Comic-Con is technically "just one room."

I was asking if the entire show was held in the room as shown in the picture, if we were seeing all the dealers who were at the show in this one photo shown.

Nick Katradis and I thought about setting up but there just wasn't enough advance notice for us to plan things out for a 1 day show.  Same with Albert.

Maybe next year depending on additional feedback.

:popcorn:

:gossip:  From my experience, a sale only counts if there was some payment involved.  

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos

15 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

With no artists what did you expect?

They don't always have artists at the NJ Comic Art Con and it doesn't seem to effect attendance. This looks like one of the early NJ shows, you gotta start somewhere I guess.

Yes. Everything was in that one room.

Starting on the left side of the room... Richard Halegua had two spots, Bechara had the next three. Back against the wall was Mike Thibodeaux. Along the right side was Coolines, next to them was James Pascoe restoration expert. Where the lady with the pink shirt is sitting, that was Saul Zimmerman. Next to him was some guys with a scanner but no art and to the immediate right, who you can't see were Panel Page art and Will Gabriel.

IMG_20181104_131932.jpg

11 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Maybe these events could be marketed more as performance art, as opposed to places where you would actually buy art.  Attendees could pay to watch Bechara haggle with Albert for 20 minutes over a six-figure cover or splash.  That could be worth the price of admission for me.  Best, Lee

And something a little more interesting than a butt shot of a mddle aged man.