• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying Mylar sleeves (and shipping to Europe)?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am looking to buy some high quality Mylar sleeves with backing boards for my comic art and I'd need to them being sent to Germany.

I haven't  bought any for several years and the person I ordered from might not be around anymore.

What I am looking for are:

20 of the 18“ x 12“ mylar sleeves with backing boards

and

10 of the  24”x 18”  mylar sleeves with backing boards

Do you know where I might order them online with decent shipping razes to Europe?

Many thanks.

I had a similar problem with shipping to Poland. Unfortunately I didn't find any decent solution. 

Bags Unlimited have a nice selection of products but shipping costs are a bummer.

There's this site called Lifeboat shipping which allows you to ship a purchased item to them (if the seller doesn't ship to country of destination) and then they ship it to you. They offer taking out any invoices so that there are no customs charges once it arrives, they'll also do protective wrapping and stuff like that but their shipping rates aren't that attractive (standard USPS rates I think).

Edited by SpiderJunkie

Mylars and backing boards are heavier than people realize so shipping charges are always going to cost as much as the items you order.  If you can team up with other collectors in your area, buy more in bulk, the cost will be significantly cheaper.

I'm sure you can meet up at shows or a local comic book store in your area to figure out how to team up.

Any other OA collectors in Germany out there?  

Any other OA collectors in Poland out there?

All the best.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI
Typos