• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List your first book submitted that was...the first book submitted

34 posts in this topic

Detrimental effect in case of older books. With the modern stuff, they already are high grade. Maybe a book or two to "familiarize" with common areas. But I believe they sweep each and every one.

I would agree with your point for the Hulk 181 as they have seen tons of 'em that they know already what the aesthetic look and feel should be. But that same comment goes for the cardstock cover modern flavor of the month book as well..

Sure Rick - not much to bask in here wink.gif

I have an idea of what to expect for these when I prescreen at home with magnifying glass and gloves - 9.6 and 9.8's. I set some aside for immediate sale on eBay or others for storage and the best few copies sent in to CGC I 'm guessing are 9.8's. On the cardstocks I'm fairly confident and not surprised often. I expect 9.8 and get 9.8 and sometimes up. Am I surprised, not really there. The soft covers are very unpredictable for me. It has the aesthetic look and feel of a 9.8 but, may have some weird flaws not present on the cardstocks, like the shape of the book at the binding making a weird impression thru the cover, bringing it down as lowa s a 9.4? I get my fair share of unexpected action on these.

Whenever I get the 9.9 or 10.0, I'm pleasantly surprised. For the most part, I 've been very happy with what's come back. Am I ever disappointed! Of course but that's after trying and trying on the same book and never getting the coveted grade, for instance USM 3 and USM 6 - I've submitted more than 10 copies of each book and I knew there were some flaws in there, but never higher than a 9.6 frown.gif

Nice books you have listed this week!

Is there any way you could lower the size and resolution of your CGC graded books? I have a dial-up modem, and it honestly takes over 2 minutes for your scans to load. I can understand your desire to have huge scans for your non-graded books since people want to make sure what they're bidding on, but on a CGC graded book, I don't think the resolution or size is going to make a big difference on the final bid. Just food for thought.

Hmmm...this is the first time someone's asked me for lower-res scans! I think I used to scan CGC-books in at lower resolution, but received feedback wanting the bigger scans. What do you guys think?!?!

If I had a cable or DSL modem, it wouldn't matter, but for those with dial-up modems, it takes a looongg time to load your images. I think it's great for your non-graded books, but just don't think it's necessary for the CGC books.