• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I just watched Mission Impossible Fallout

21 posts in this topic

It's exhausting watching mission impossible movies-betrayal-reverse betrayal-double betrayal-inverse betrayal-it just never ends. Screen writers must feel so damn clever.
If I was Ethan Hunt I would just shoot everyone I meet.

i am a big fan of the original tv series ,,.. have all the boxed sets , all seven years , back then the show was groundbreaking due to the fact they sometimes went many minutes of no dialogue .. all plot driven ...

the movies have very little to do with the tv show , name only

the only good movie in the series IMO is the second one which was closer to the original tv series than any of the others, but even then it had waaaay too many over-the-top action scenes

Tommy's trying to disarm nukes timer said 7 min this has been going on for 20 min now...
Hollywood thinks we dont notice.
Hollywood there's no longer any drama in 7 min timer we know that really means like 1/2 hour-

We're not dumb, like you.

First Tommy could barely walk due to his injuries now he is doing strenuous free climb-hollywood there's no longer any drama in injured good guy cause-

Good guy can be beaten to pulp, arm chopped off and if has to climb rope to defuse nuke we know damn well he will climb rope. Kav are you saying let nuke go off then?? NO I am saying dont injure the *spoon* out of hero then have him do strenuous stuff. I know you're trying to ratchet up the drama but all you're doing is ratcheting up the dumbness.

I actually kinda like the missions impossible I'm just sayin.  I like tom cruise he is known as the hardest working actor in hollywood.  You just tell him to do something and no prima donna stuff he just gets to work.  Does many of his own stunts including motorcycle scenes and even learned to fly a helicopter for Fallout.  I admire hard workers.

I actually feel asleep in the theater watching MI:2, only time that ever happened to me. And im normally someone who can appreciate slower moving non-action films, but for some reason the expectations that I was going to be engaged and entertained, coming up with the reality of just how boring and grinding that film was, I just closed my eyes for a second and had to be woken up by my girlfriend (now wife lol). Sorta tangential I know, but since we were talking MI2 lol.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:36 PM, kav said:

Tommy's trying to disarm nukes timer said 7 min this has been going on for 20 min now...
Hollywood thinks we dont notice.
Hollywood there's no longer any drama in 7 min timer we know that really means like 1/2 hour-

We're not dumb, like you.

First Tommy could barely walk due to his injuries now he is doing strenuous free climb-hollywood there's no longer any drama in injured good guy cause-

Good guy can be beaten to pulp, arm chopped off and if has to climb rope to defuse nuke we know damn well he will climb rope. Kav are you saying let nuke go off then?? NO I am saying dont injure the *spoon* out of hero then have him do strenuous stuff. I know you're trying to ratchet up the drama but all you're doing is ratcheting up the dumbness.

For the next installment in the series they should hurtle Tom into low earth orbit with naught but a 45 minute supply of oxygen and a common desktop stapler.  From there he'll have to assemble a re-entry vehicle from orbiting space debris.

3 hours ago, zhamlau said:

See I actually thought this was one of the best if not the best. Each their own.

No I do think its the best of the series and enjoyed it I just like picking things apart.  It wasnt awful like the execrable venom movie.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:20 AM, kav said:

It's exhausting watching mission impossible movies-betrayal-reverse betrayal-double betrayal-inverse betrayal-it just never ends. Screen writers must feel so damn clever.
If I was Ethan Hunt I would just shoot everyone I meet.

That also describes the Alias TV show after series 3.

Much too convoluted. And boring.

That said, Fallout has received some excellent reviews here in the UK, so I’ll still give it a go.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:07 PM, zhamlau said:

I actually feel asleep in the theater watching MI:2, only time that ever happened to me. And im normally someone who can appreciate slower moving non-action films, but for some reason the expectations that I was going to be engaged and entertained, coming up with the reality of just how boring and grinding that film was, I just closed my eyes for a second and had to be woken up by my girlfriend (now wife lol). Sorta tangential I know, but since we were talking MI2 lol.

Didn’t feel at all like a John Woo film to me.

Just finished it.

I liked Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol better.

Granted, I enjoyed this one as a solid action movie, but the current filmmaker's formula has become overly familiar now, no matter how far they push the 2nd unit stunts.

...and I'm not saying kill the team and have Hunt assemble a new one and start fresh, but possibly bring in new filmmakers in to shake things up a bit.

That was the original intention for the first two.

To me this felt like "Thunderball" to Rogue Nation's "Goldfinger."  I just don't want to see a "You Only Live Twice" next. lol 

Three out of Four Stars.