• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to buy key back issues cheaper
2 2

46 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I don't think its impossible to find cheap keys. I have found some, but I had to do a lot of searching and leg work and wandering in the right area and getting lucky. To be able to regularly find cheap keys is a different story but you can get lucky once in awhile and when you do you have to have enough knowledge to jump ont he deal. 

Its like gambling you will win sometimes but most of the times it will be a lose.

I guess I'm old. There was a time I enjoyed haunting old bookstores looking for random weird stuff, now I just pay someone to find it for me. And it's just a time thing as you get older. It runs out.

16 hours ago, NoMan said:

I guess I'm old. There was a time I enjoyed haunting old bookstores looking for random weird stuff, now I just pay someone to find it for me. And it's just a time thing as you get older. It runs out.

oh yeah I totally understand and know exactly what your going through.

many years ago when I was getting back into comics and trying to rebuild my old collection for when I was a kid I was out hunting all over the place was searching hours going all over the place to towns and cities I've never visited in my life to country area's and stuff to scope out some collections meet some older people who found a old collection, etc.. now a days my hunting has become eBay and local online searches lol or a few local guys I buy from who give me discounts always keeps an eye on some of the missing pieces I need. 

Again thought I am trying to complete a collection so searching for specific pieces helps me narrow down my searches. 

But now these boards are creating a monster * shakes fist at computer screen* where I want to start some other collections its never ending lol.... (shrug):ohnoez:

oh well its never ending fun... right... lol ;)

Something I came across: Dont buy key issues on Ebay LoL....

Im from Europe so walking in a local comic store won't get my much wanted golden comics (Batman, some Silver Spider-man too).

So for foreign guys, ComicLink best thing to buy them there, I noticed in some parts of the year the auctions will get less attentions, seems like after the Hollidays most people have spend too much money and you can buy for better prices.

Other part that im looking now is Instagram. Following a couple of comic sellers that sell for good prices.

12 hours ago, bbking88 said:

Something I came across: Dont buy key issues on Ebay LoL....

Im from Europe so walking in a local comic store won't get my much wanted golden comics (Batman, some Silver Spider-man too).

So for foreign guys, ComicLink best thing to buy them there, I noticed in some parts of the year the auctions will get less attentions, seems like after the Hollidays most people have spend too much money and you can buy for better prices.

Other part that im looking now is Instagram. Following a couple of comic sellers that sell for good prices.

I generally do trust Facebook market place and Instagram too many bad deals, no meet ups, undisclosed stuff or edited pics to make the book look nice and to much wasted time... be careful with Instagram.. ive head many horror stories..