• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc status

15 posts in this topic

If you submit during a busy time, either after a major comic convention or near a major holiday, it might take a bit longer.  But if its been longer than like 7 business days, you should probably call/email CGC and ask about it.  Or just call now if you're concerned, no harm asking CGC.

I don't get why a status says :"received" but nothing is listed. Now my status has said "graded" for a few days now but no grades. Seems like listing stages of the process is kind of dumb if no real information is available until it is listed as "shipped" 

10 minutes ago, Mykdude said:

I don't get why a status says :"received" but nothing is listed. Now my status has said "graded" for a few days now but no grades. Seems like listing stages of the process is kind of dumb if no real information is available until it is listed as "shipped" 

Seriously, you think it's 'dumb' to show status through the various steps of the grading process ? You would rather see nothing until the book is shipped ? I believe you are in the minority with that opinion.

40 minutes ago, Mykdude said:

Once it hits Verified(a few days usually), you will see a list of your books.

43 minutes ago, Mykdude said:

Grades don't appear until after the Grading/Quality Control stage in case QC finds something and the book needs to be regraded.  Imagine how upset you'd be if you saw a 9.8 at "Graded" and then received a 9.6.  It's best for them to reserve judgement until a score is finalized.

14 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Seriously, you think it's 'dumb' to show status through the various steps of the grading process ? You would rather see nothing until the book is shipped ? I believe you are in the minority with that opinion.

No, it's dumb to say "received"  without listing what titles were received. Maybe it would be nice to know everything I sent made it to CGC. It's dumb to say my stuff is "graded" (implying to me that the process is complete) without listing the grades. I don't see what CGC "received" until its "graded" and  I dont see what the grade is until it says "shipped" So basically I already am seeing nothing until the book is shipped.

It goes like this:

Received: Your package arrived, and based off the invoice...we received it.

Verified: We looked at your books...and what you said you submitted is what we acknowledge receiving.

Graded: Your books have been graded, but we aren't going to tell you the grades until it's gone through QC, because they could change.

Quality Control: Yup, we verified these books were graded correct. You can now see what you're going to get.

Shipped: Books shipped...

Did I miss any? I don't have an issue with their defined phases. What I DO have an issue with is it cycles through the phases, rather than providing a static chronological account of the process, something like below:

Received: 11/8/2018

Verified: 11/29/2018

Graded: 5/5/2019 (how long it feels sometimes)

Quality Control: in-process

Shipped: TBD

And maybe add a column for "days in process" that show how long each phase took, and how long it's been in the current phase...2c

4 hours ago, Mykdude said:

No, it's dumb to say "received"  without listing what titles were received. Maybe it would be nice to know everything I sent made it to CGC. It's dumb to say my stuff is "graded" (implying to me that the process is complete) without listing the grades. I don't see what CGC "received" until its "graded" and  I dont see what the grade is until it says "shipped" So basically I already am seeing nothing until the book is shipped.

Callaway29 gave a good explanation of the steps above. Yes, you are correct that a Received status does not list the books, that is done in the Verified step. You should see the Verified step soon after Received. Up until a couple years ago, 'Graded' actually showed the grades, not anymore.

I am a first time submitter (submitted 9 books last week).  Saw my status change today to be VERIFIED and saw the list of books I submitted.

20 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm waiting with anticipation for my next lot to be graded :whee:

Me too since this is my first time.  Process will help determine if I want to submit more or not.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:39 PM, Capn17 said:

I am a first time submitter (submitted 9 books last week).  Saw my status change today to be VERIFIED and saw the list of books I submitted.

Me too since this is my first time.  Process will help determine if I want to submit more or not.

How long does it take from the time they show as delivered by USPS to getting the in the system as received?

This is my first submission and I’m a little nervous. 

Thanks. 

Edited by GFlo

On 11/16/2018 at 7:52 PM, GFlo said:

How long does it take from the time they show as delivered by USPS to getting the in the system as received?

This is my first submission and I’m a little nervous. 

Thanks. 

I sent mine on 11/2 and check the status and on 11/7 it updated to say it was "Verified". I was able to confirm the list of comics they received with what I sent.  For me, less than a week.  

Now it's the waiting game to see how the grading results.

Edited by Capn17