• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I enjoy comics: great panels, dialogue etc...
3 3

100 posts in this topic

Nice choice. Have you collected the massive behold galactus  Kirby book yet? It is monstrous in size and a beautiful reprinting of galactus favorites.

https://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Galactus-Stan-Lee/dp/1302913298/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1541546001&sr=8-2&keywords=kirby+galactus

Look at the size next to an Artist Edition.:cry:

edit. Just want to clarify, it is not all Kirby. J buscema and J. Byrne tales included as well

9C79A2EE-C328-4B1C-8D56-BC38DBB6ACB9.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules

1 hour ago, Jaylam said:

In this thread I would like us all to share the moments in comics that caused us to love them in the first place. Not really entire stories or arcs, but certain panels of dialogue and/or art that really stand out in our memories that made and make comics fun and enjoyable in the first place.

Here's my offering from Fantastic Four #50. A sweeping and impressive speech by Galactus about the choices for the future that humankind faces, followed up by Reed Richards' usual wordy response, followed up by a great line by the Thing that suddenly changes the tone. Just great scripting and art by Stan and Jack. 

ff050-6_edited.jpg

modern book that page would have 5 words.  Entire comic can be read in 60 seconds.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

modern book that page would have 5 words.  Entire comic can be read in 60 seconds.

The joke is more that the two panels would be divided individually into 2 double-page widescreen splash images.

With five words, in total, over four pages.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, Jaylam said:

In this thread I would like us all to share the moments in comics that caused us to love them in the first place. Not really entire stories or arcs, but certain panels of dialogue and/or art that really stand out in our memories that made and make comics fun and enjoyable in the first place.

Nice idea for a thread!

Here's one that popped into my head... the issue of the New Teen Titans (#34) where we find out that fan favorite character Terra was a traitor, working with villain Deathstroke to infiltrate the team and learn their secrets. A great twist that blew my 11-year-old mind at the time, and I can still remember every detail of where I was when I read the big reveal.

terra.jpg.7b9a0dca14732491f7e3c073f2feed00.jpg

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Nice idea for a thread!

Here's one that popped into my head... the issue of the New Teen Titans (#34) where we find out that fan favorite character Terra was a traitor, working with villain Deathstroke to infiltrate the team and learn their secrets. A great twist that blew my 11-year-old mind at the time, and I can still remember every detail of where I was when I read the big reveal.

terra.jpg.7b9a0dca14732491f7e3c073f2feed00.jpg

Romeo should not have been allowed to ink perez

Can't find a legal image online but Ana Miralles tour-de-force in Djinn 13 to depict Kim Nelson in street clothes was masterful: carefully chosen, fashionable yet understated, adaptable to her environment. The best work I've seen her do in that series. She had paid clear attention to textures, design and patterns throughout the entire series but the muted storyline wrapping up the series in issue 13 allowed her to speak louder when handling reality (the rest of the series is steeped in mysticism).

65f5e7685b8bdb947d6b5b7dc4592172--anna.j

I like when comics can with ease entertain and educate.

The sinking of the CSS Alabama near the coast of France in 1864 during the Civil War. Most albums in this series (61 albums and counting) research the Civil War and place its main characters in the midst of (more or less) historical events.

lambil_dueldanslamanche.jpg

10 hours ago, kav said:

Yup. I was never that impressed with Tanghal’s inking. The embellishments later on by De Carlo were even worse.

I suspected a lot of detail was being obliterated from Perez’s pencils.

15 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:
10 hours ago, kav said:

Yup. I was never that impressed with Tanghal’s inking. The embellishments later on by De Carlo were even worse.

I suspected a lot of detail was being obliterated from Perez’s pencils.

Agreed completely. Horrible inking choices over Perez's pencils. :(