• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2018 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

558 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I'll be signing up for both!

:whee:

True story: I don't buy gifts for my family, because it's no fun, but it will be fun for me to get a comic-related gift for another boardie!

About the same for me, I just buy for my mother, so the boards gift exchange is a fun way to search out cool comic stuff for someone. 

7 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

About the same for me, I just buy for my mother, so the boards gift exchange is a fun way to search out cool comic stuff for someone. 

Similar arrangement. My mom wouldn't take 0 gifts to give me for an answer, so she'll give me her homemade ornaments, and I'll buy her the Hallmark Cat ornaments.

It just doesn't make sense for me to buy you what you want. Spend your money on whatever, and I'll save up for my collectibles. Too much of a hassle, and no fun, to give you what you're expecting.

This exchange might give me some holiday cheer lol. I love seeing my family and all, but sometimes it's just emotionally draining. Getting comics involved will make the holidays a lot more fun for me (and others). So glad that I started posting here in the last year.

15 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
27 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Similar arrangement. My mom wouldn't take 0 gifts to give me for an answer, so she'll give me her homemade ornaments, and I'll buy her the Hallmark Cat ornaments.

It just doesn't make sense for me to buy you what you want. Spend your money on whatever, and I'll save up for my collectibles. Too much of a hassle, and no fun, to give you what you're expecting.

This exchange might give me some holiday cheer lol. I love seeing my family and all, but sometimes it's just emotionally draining. Getting comics involved will make the holidays a lot more fun for me (and others). So glad that I started posting here in the last year.

Well then lol fair warning I might have been too specific in my suggestions or "ideas" :shy: and that's really what they were, I enjoy the thrill of the hunt too!

I bought gifts for the family last 2 years and went over budget both times, so I think the decision is to cut back this year. BUT I have a more non-picky collection that I can hopefully draw from for my gift to a board member. It's in-stock and ready to go :foryou: 

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well then lol fair warning I might have been too specific in my suggestions or "ideas" :shy: and that's really what they were, I enjoy the thrill of the hunt too!

I bought gifts for the family last 2 years and went over budget both times, so I think the decision is to cut back this year. BUT I have a more non-picky collection that I can hopefully draw from for my gift to a board member. It's in-stock and ready to go :foryou: 

I updated the ideas for mine to include Have Fun With it!

The Game Is On!!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM