• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2018 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

558 posts in this topic

Receive the parcel yesterday. From secret Santa ... 5 gifts and a letter!  Gonna take them to put them under the tree at my family house, then take a photo to post on weekend. Be tough to wait 12 days TIL Christmas Day!

Hmm... how do I go with the 12 days of Christmas rhythms? 🤔

4 minutes ago, fmaz said:

I do wish people would realize that a big part of participating in this is sharing in the process via posting.  When it comes to showing pictures of received packages? That's a wonderful way to let your anonymous Secret Santa know that his/her gift has arrived at your home safe and sound, so it is MUCH appreciated!  And it goes without saying...immediately upon opening, please thank your SS!! Someone went to great lengths to pick out something special just for us... so a timely heartfelt note is the least we can do in return, right?  (So ok, I guess that didn't TECHNICALLY go "without" saying... but you got the drift!)

Agreed.
A post in this here thread letting everyone know that the gift has been shipped and again when one is received goes a long way to calm everyone's piece of mind.

It also saves my fragile digits from typing a hundred PMs. :ohnoez:

2 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:

Agreed.
A post in this here thread letting everyone know that the gift has been shipped and again when one is received goes a long way to calm everyone's piece of mind.

It also saves my fragile digits from typing a hundred PMs. :ohnoez:

I'm usually on here at work, so sharing pics may be slightly out of reach.

I was really entirely unspecific about my interests lol. Interested to see what Santa figured out to get me.

It was fun researching the things my recipient wanted, which was a part of why I wanted to participate. Goal achieved!

5 hours ago, Bkd Reader said:

I haven't been home in about a week, but when I got back, my gift had arrived! :whee::foryou:

Also, recently sent out the box to my person. I'm not very familiar with the era requested, so it was fun searching around for something cool that I do really hope they enjoy. :foryou:

Thanks again @HollyJollyOne

20181209_090549.jpg

This sounds a lot like me.  ZERO idea about the things my guy likes. Just not in my collecting wheelhouse.  It's both stressful and a brain workout. Hope I did ok too! Shipped out today!

Edited by Mayor006

I'm afraid my secret Santa doesn't know that their gift should have been wrapped. I opened the box thinking it was something I ordered for a Christmas present. 

Bad Santa.......

At least I don't have to wait till Christmas. (shrug)

I guess since it was his first time I'll give him a pass.:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'm afraid my secret Santa doesn't know that their gift should have been wrapped. I opened the box thinking it was something I ordered for a Christmas present. 

Bad Santa.......

hmmm... trying to figure out who it is... from the context clues..

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
19 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Bad Santa.......

hmmm... trying to figure out who it is... from the context clues..

Didn't I hear you guys were celebrating on the 14th? I remember someone said that the holidays were coming a week earlier this year.... :shy:

Spoiler

I got your back Jack :foryou:

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Didn't I hear you guys were celebrating on the 14th? I remember someone said that the holidays were coming a week earlier this year.... :shy:

Hide contents

I got your back Jack :foryou:

Nice!:foryou: