• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2018 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

558 posts in this topic

This might be a good time to shamelessly plug VirtualComicCon XLI coming up this weekend (December 1-2, 2018) right here on the CGC Boards.

Possibly a good alternative to eBay when it comes to your Secret Santa shopping.

VCC December 2018.jpg  VCC Convention Hall

1 hour ago, srezvan said:

Is there any guidance/suggestion for gift purchase amount? My first time doing this here.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
On 11/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

• How much should my gift be for? Up to you. There are people that send gifts that have values that are all over the place. $15-20? Sure. $50-$100? Sure. You are certainly welcome to send more expensive gifts, but the gift should be worth at least $15. Lots of people just give something from their own collection, so the cost is negligible.

Here you go buddy

@srezvan
This is probably your best answer, even if it's a little vague.
My best advice would be to look at your recipients preference list and try to put yourself into their shoes. Think about what you would like to receive from that list when compared to how much you would like to spend (without breaking the bank and/or driving yourself nuts). Have fun with it.

There is no need to impress. Every persons means, collection, and availability of shopping sources differs. Just do your best to get them something they will enjoy.

I also think that @skypinkblu offers her services for those who need help with ideas. She an excellent source for Secret Santa shopping information and insight.

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm halfway done, I have the things the person did not ask for...now I just need to get the things he did ask for. 

PLUS I found comic book wrapping paper:) :acclaim:

Hmmmm, you got a he, huh? Narrows it down a bit.

I am also half way done but ebay says it may not arrive until 12/12! I hope that is grossly inaccurate. I am putting together the second half of the gift now.

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm halfway done, I have the things the person did not ask for...

If he did not ask for them, how do you know you have them. I know your hitting that Old Grand Dad again. ???

15 minutes ago, Bird said:

Hmmmm, you got a he, huh? Narrows it down a bit.

I am also half way done but ebay says it may not arrive until 12/12! I hope that is grossly inaccurate. I am putting together the second half of the gift now.

I was wondering if anyone would be astute enough to  notice my subtle hint;) 

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

If he did not ask for them, how do you know you have them. I know your hitting that Old Grand Dad again. ???

I don't even know what that IS, lol...and I'd never drink something that sounded like that;) 

Sometimes it's nice to put in some "extras", so I went shopping, so now I have them.