• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS to CGC Grading Increase?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 1:55 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I got 4 books back already

9.8 WP CBCS came back 9.8 WP CGC

Got 4 more 9.8 WP CBCS in the “Q” with a preliminary 9.8’s from Cgc.

How old were the cbcs books you got back from CGC?

What do you mean by "preliminary 9.8's"? 

Edited by MGsimba77

10 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

How old were the cbcs books you got back from CGC?

What do you mean by "preliminary 9.8's"? 

They were Godzilla's (Marvel 1977: #'s 3,10,14 and 21). Preliminary I just meant CGC's pre-grade before they cracked them open.

Edited by Xenosmilus

3 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Just got the results. 

2 came back 9.8

2 came back 9.6 :tonofbricks:

Ok thanks for reporting back! So the 2 that came back 9.6 were screened & they were estimated at 9.8 right? If so then that really sucks! Did they recommend pressing? Was this latest batch of 4 books also bronze age? Excuse all the Q's but I'm trying to gather as much information on people's results as I can before taking this dive

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Ok thanks for reporting back! So the 2 that came back 9.6 were screened & they were estimated at 9.8 right? If so then that really sucks! Did they recommend pressing? Was this latest batch of 4 books also bronze age? Excuse all the Q's but I'm trying to gather as much information on people's results as I can before taking this dive

So, I sent in a total of 8 CBCS 9.8 WP (Godzilla Marvel 1977). The first 4 I sent in I didn’t get a prescreen on them but they all came back Cgc 9.8 WP. The 4 I just got back they did do a prescreen and all 4 were prescreened graded @ 9.8. However the final grades were 2 9.8’s and 2 9.6’s.... Godzilla is a really good series by the way. I have few 9.6’s I can sell you :roflmao:  Hope that helps!

Edited by Xenosmilus