• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No grader notes on a decent key Spider-Man ?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

this is all very interesting....i'm glad 2 hear about the new cases.....as i was reading this i just got my 1st box back from CGC   with of course more to come......good old registered  U.S. mail.......now i'm praying 4 some notes on my slabbs....

p.s. i dropped them off in person at CGC headquarters in Sarasota.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:15 AM, TwoPiece said:

lol wut

"Immaculate" implies 10 Gem Mint condition (which I will basically guarantee your books are not). You probably forgot to wash your hands after eating KFC for dinner before shipping these books.

That is a personal attack. So let's conclude.

Apparently, part of your issue is that you judge without examination. A 9.8 is obviously immaculate to the eye. A human being, not even you, can tell the difference between a 9.8, 9.9, or 10.0. Actually, CGC cannot even know--9.9 and higher grades are subjective due to no guidelines. If you are not a professional grader, all your grading would be subjective. Encapsulation removes subjectiveness, or is suppose to. A 9.6 without notes reverts back to subjectiveness because the graders failed to provide notes during the quality control process and to the customer.

CGC personnel inform you that their note policy is for internal communication, although their written policy states, "These Grader Notes describe problems, indicate the condition of the interior pages, and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did." . In addition, when they tell you notes are for internal communication with the graders, and if there are no notes for anything below 9.8 then there is no communication among the graders.

48 minutes ago, Dr. A said:

If you are not a professional grader, all your grading would be subjective.

ALL grading is subjective, even from people/companies that get paid for it. 

Encapsulation removes subjectiveness, or is suppose to.

Well.... it guarantee's the book is in the condition CGC says it is on the label. It's still open to speculation.

A 9.6 without notes reverts back to subjectiveness because the graders failed to provide notes during the quality control process and to the customer.

I would be surprised if CGC even gave grader notes on books 9.6 or higher - at one time I didn't think they did...

2 hours ago, Dr. A said:

That is a personal attack. So let's conclude.

Apparently, part of your issue is that you judge without examination. A 9.8 is obviously immaculate to the eye. A human being, not even you, can tell the difference between a 9.8, 9.9, or 10.0. Actually, CGC cannot even know--9.9 and higher grades are subjective due to no guidelines. If you are not a professional grader, all your grading would be subjective. Encapsulation removes subjectiveness, or is suppose to. A 9.6 without notes reverts back to subjectiveness because the graders failed to provide notes during the quality control process and to the customer.

CGC personnel inform you that their note policy is for internal communication, although their written policy states, "These Grader Notes describe problems, indicate the condition of the interior pages, and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did." . In addition, when they tell you notes are for internal communication with the graders, and if there are no notes for anything below 9.8 then there is no communication among the graders.

Lmfao in what world..? Not on this Earth.

Its all good. It is about researching to stay abreast of knowledge to ensure a validated argument was presented. CGC has been informed of my experience and desire for notes. Enough has been said on the subject.