• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

ANOTHER Cap 1 on CLINK. A 1.5. They now have  have 4,complete copies ,  a full cover AND individual pages for sale.  Not to mention  they recently sold a 0.5.  All look “freshly” graded Offers coming in around 25k  a point.  Not getting the asking prices as of yet. The 5.5 asking price is more than the nicer presenting 6.0. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 12/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, Chicago Boy said:

ANOTHER Cap 1 on CLINK. A 1.5. They now have  have 4,complete copies ,  a full cover AND individual pages for sale.  Not to mention  they recently sold a 0.5.  All look “freshly” graded Offers coming in around 25k  a point.  Not getting the asking prices as of yet. The 5.5 asking price is more than the nicer presenting 6.0. 

Does anyone know if the clink 1.5 Cap1 sold?  Was listed for $75k and was pulled or sold in one or two days after the listing.

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Does anyone know if the clink 1.5 Cap1 sold?  Was listed for $75k and was pulled or sold in one or two days after the listing.

It was a super nice looking copy. I always thought they keep it up if it sold and mark it as such until the book ships.  

Watching this horrible video on you tube bybthrse dudes trying to look so professional.  The look is professional but listening to them is painful   Channel is comictom 101.  Anyway they mention a public sale. if cap 1 9.2 for 1.2 million. Any truth to that ?  Never heard that before.  Doesn’t a boardie own the line 9.2 ??

31 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You asked “what are they”? “They” are my future books, at least in my dreams

They are super-restored IGB garbage recreations.

Here's the Supes 1

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1198425

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Here's the Supes 1

I hate that books merely deemed “conserved” no longer get the purple label. I only saw that the labels were blue and made a faulty assumption 

24 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Here's the Supes 1

Recreations. Wow I really hate that word but that is what they look to be. I would think both book's are worth closer to a mill before recreations. Than after. :sorry:

25 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I hate that books merely deemed “conserved” no longer get the purple label. I only saw that the labels were blue and made a faulty assumption 

Does the other company even have purple labels?

26 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Your fault for making the assumption. Do you also read article headlines without actually reading the article?

Also no reason you should put conserved in quotation marks. Conservation is a real thing. Restoration is a real thing. They are two different things. Make sense?

24 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Your fault for making the assumption. Do you also read article headlines without actually reading the article?

Also no reason you should put conserved in quotation marks. Conservation is a real thing. Restoration is a real thing. They are two different things. Make sense?

Sounds like you’ve got conserved books. Not my cup of tea, but more power to you

When it comes to this point business; is there formula for nice eye appeal 0.5-1.0.   I know people pay a premium for an entry level copy so such price per point  doesn’t apply to 0.5-1.0.  Does the formula start at 1.5 and ends at ?  Too many variables to consider.  Would work better for Bronze Age books

Edited by Spiderturtle