• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

When it comes to this point business; is there formula for nice eye appeal 0.5-1.0.   I know people pay a premium for an entry level copy so such price per point  doesn’t apply to 0.5-1.0.  Does the formula start at 1.5 and ends at ?  Too many variables to consider.  Would work better for Bronze Age books

My own opinion is 3.0 and below gets the $50k/ point. Above a 3.0, the price per point comes down a bit

2 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

When it comes to this point business; is there formula for nice eye appeal 0.5-1.0.   I know people pay a premium for an entry level copy so such price per point  doesn’t apply to 0.5-1.0.  Does the formula start at 1.5 and ends at ?  Too many variables to consider.  Would work better for Bronze Age books

I think on megs grails you’ll find people paying 1.0 prices  on nice looking 0.5 ‘s because of the opportunity to buy one is so rare 

20 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Woo’s big on spending others people ‘s money on Bats mags :kidaround:

He can get the book for around 120k sell his copy and he gets 5k back plus .5 upgrade win win  Don't make me bid him 1296920175_upup.jpg.75837347748276c404a1b09043fe136f.jpg

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

If I can get the Clink Bat 1 for $40k a point, I’ll become a double member of the Bat 1 club

I keep both myself if you can afford them both. I have to warn you I had 3 cop's at one time and I wanted more only problem was there was to much month left when I ran out of money :cry:

16 hours ago, woowoo said:

current

be interested in what other board members think about this topic, since i'm of the opinion that the book is in the slab and is protected from further handling.  I could see the conservation in this case helping out if someone wanted to keep the book raw and read

10 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

be interested in what other board members think about this topic, since i'm of the opinion that the book is in the slab and is protected from further handling.  I could see the conservation in this case helping out if someone wanted to keep the book raw and read

I read a lot of Batman 1's Sup 1's Action 1"s Tec 27's Cap 1's back in the early 80's when the sold in the 1000 and under range (shrug) I would think if you took them out of the slab now days you would lose a 1000 plus easy just to read.

Comic books are not on the stands for 25 cents anymore and it seems that they are not to be  Read And Enjoyed  anymore like it was when I was a kid.  Comics have come to be Investments and money makers now.

Comics have lost that thrill of that smell and feeling they had real shame.

10 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Bat 1 CGC 1.0 unrestored brittle vs Bat 1 CGC 1.5 qualified ow centerfold married. I say the qualified copy is more desireable.  Surprised the 2 books are in the same auction, similar bidders 

Yes, I would have to say that the Qualified copy seems to present much nicer from a strict visual cover point of view. (thumbsu

It might possibly finished on top by the time it's all said and done, but at this current point in time, it's running behind by about $7K.  I guess we'll just have to wait a few more days to see which copy comes out on top in the end.  :taptaptap: