• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Gotham Kid, didn’t you just pick one of these up off the boards? If so, congrats!

nope, no Tec 38 purchases for me. I posted a "want" not a "take" :bigsmile:

Looking for the right copy.

18 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Are you saying you ain't going for the CL 1.8 copy? :baiting:

nope and the 4.0 that was offered on the boards is no longer available lol

between the 2 I'd pick the 1.8 for overall eye appeal

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yes. Bat 1  has clearly separated itself from Cap 1.  When I started this thread it was a toss up. Cap 1 made good gains but has run out of wind to date .  Long live The Bat ! ( I’d still rather have a Cap 1 personally ) 

Me too. 1st appearance. 

And man that 20% buyers premium is crazy, plus probably US sales tax on top of that. Superman 1 5.5 went for 456K. By far the most expensive non 1st appearance around.

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Heritage just posted this

wowimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

4539099E-3BFB-4874-A87F-CC016EBD61B9.jpeg

That was the one book of the Reilly's on the cart that Manyak told me was slightly rolled up and had a big rubber band around it back in Easter 1973. Imagine that. Went MIA all these years and here it is. 

Edited by Primetime

7 minutes ago, Primetime said:

That was the one book of the Reilly's on the cart that Manyak told me had a rubber band around it back in Easter 1973. Went MIA and here it is. 

So not Sentaur’s right ?  Is there a 9.6 ? 

Of course the Denver and San Francisco copies of Cap 1 are stunning, but all I could ever do is dream. 

On the other end of the spectrum is CCs Cap 1 2.5(not my book). I’m curious how this will be received, and wonder what you guys think. On the one hand, it’s got  tan pages and tape. On the other hand, I think the eye appeal is way high. 

Any predictions?  For what it’s worth, I’ve already got my copy and will not be in the hunt for this. I genuinely am interested in the thoughts of others more knowledgeable than myself. 

btw, there’s another Bat 1 with brittle pages in the CC auction, too. 

61077232-6577-457F-ACDB-C085F161DFC9.jpeg

B57A62EF-D8A7-4832-B1DF-15D9C7C39158.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost