• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

I am looking at Batman #1 now as most likely there will be a trilogy of Joker movies, while Captain America is now retired in the Marvel Cinematic movie universe.

So it looks like Cap has hit his peak, while the Joker is about to go on a run.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

29 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am looking at Batman #1 now as most likely there will be a trilogy of Joker movies, while Captain America is now retired in the Marvel Cinematic movie universe.

If Hollywood films were the only factor, Detective #27 would have surpassed Action #1 years ago.

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Bat #1 can't even pass Superman #1, how is Tec going to pass Action?

A lot of that has to do with access to a Supe 1 I would think. I don’t think Tec 27 has a shot if passing Action 2 until a big book like the Allentown comes up fir sale. Everyone has been saying a few more years fir a few more years now. 

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Batman`s fanbase is much younger than Superman`s. Eventually they will dominate. 

I agree Bat will dominate in the future.  And I do think Bat 1 will overcome Supe 1 due to the fact that except for 2 new origin pages, the latter is a book of reprints.  The 2 origin pages are fantastic, don’t get me wrong.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I see no reason Cap #1 will no longer rise in price.  Entry levels keep going up as far as I can tell.  I suppose if in the future no one cares about Jack Kirby, History of comic books, World War 2, and Disney stopped all Captain America products the book's popularity would fall.

29 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I see no reason Cap #1 will no longer rise in price.  Entry levels keep going up as far as I can tell.  I suppose if in the future no one cares about Jack Kirby, History of comic books, World War 2, and Disney stopped all Captain America products the book's popularity would fall.

Captain America is a great character, but let`s revisit this when the upcoming new Joker movie is a hit.

See it`s not Batman vs Captain America with these two books.

It`s Joker vs Cap, and the Joker movie franchise is about to take off now, while Cap`s movie career will now be dormant for years.

It`s all about Hollywood hype. 

I loved to revisit this thread in a year.

lol.

:fear:

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Captain America is a great character, but let`s revisit this when the upcoming new Joker movie is a hit.

It`s Joker vs Cap, and the Joker movie franchise is about to take off now, while Cap`s movie career will now be dormant for years.

I loved to revisit this thread in a year.

lol.

:fear:

Superhero and first appearance will always trump first appearance of a supervillian for me Even the joker whom is arguably the greatest of them all. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Cap 01 has been a Top 10 Golden Age book for 40 years before his movie.  So it's not "all about Hollywood hype".

11 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Cap 01 has been a Top 10 Golden Age book for 40 years before his movie.  So it's not "all about Hollywood hype".

Yes, why do you think both Action 1 and Detective Comics #27 both sold for over a million a few years ago? It was because of BvS hype. The movie bombed. Have you noticed they never put those same two million dollar comics back on the market? Because most likely they wouldn't hit a million in sales this time. So they are waiting patiently to see if the new Matt Reeves Batman film is a hit or not. Action 1 will be a longer wait.

If you don't believe in Hollywood hype than go check out Tomb of Dracula #10 sales on Ebay last night. They went thru the roof because Marvel announced a suprise that they are now making a new Blade movie.

:baiting:

lol.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur