• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Joker has an unbelievable following like Venom. Hey, I like Captain America better, but modern audiences have a different taste.  The Venom movie beat Justice League who had both Superman and Batman in it at the box office easilly. Times change.

Joker is a villain everybody knows but, then, so is Hitler.

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

Joker is a villain everybody knows but, then, so is Hitler.

My son and his homies are 17-18 years. They are not into superman at all. Batman: to a certain extent. But they are really into the Joker. Copying the dress-style, buying posters, checking out trades, etc. The Joker is resonating with them.

24 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Considering that a Cap #1 1.5 sold for $70,000+ back in 2017, what’s a fair price for a 5.5 in 2019? Is 200K too high?

Seems high to me.  Maybe back n 2013 but not now is my guess. 

15 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
17 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think it will go $175-$200k w/ BP

I’m rooting for you to be right. A 7.0 went for $243k recently, so yours is a good estimate 

Thanks!  Should be fun to watch 

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Cap #1 9.4 still sitting at 516,000.

Real action starts at the 1 minute mark.  Would suck if one bidder had to pay taxes while another didn’t.  Could be $100k difference there.  I guess if you have a million to spend it doesn’t matter but $100k is $100k

6 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Real action starts at the 1 minute mark.  Would suck if one bidder had to pay taxes while another didn’t.  Could be $100k difference there.  I guess if you have a million to spend it doesn’t matter but $100k is $100k

For those who don’t have to pay tax on these auctions, take advantage of it now.  I imagine 99% of states will have to pay soon.

21 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

For those who don’t have to pay tax on these auctions, take advantage of it now.  I imagine 99% of states will have to pay soon.

My thoughts exactly.

Texas still doesn’t have the online taxes applied to sales from other states yet, which means no taxes for Clink or CC auctions,  but since Heritage is located here, we have to pay those taxes every time.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost