• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Correct there is a 9.8 and a second 9.4 for Cap 1.  AA is top lone

I meant that even more fundamentally, unlike with Action 1 and D27 where there are ungraded copies which are probably the best copies extant, the AA16 9.4 (Mile High/Church) is considered the best of ALL copies, including the ungraded San Francisco/Reilly copy (coupon clipped supposedly) and the ungraded Bangzoom copy (below), right?

allamerican16.jpeg

On 8/16/2019 at 5:39 PM, sfcityduck said:

I meant that even more fundamentally, unlike with Action 1 and D27 where there are ungraded copies which are probably the best copies extant, the AA16 9.4 (Mile High/Church) is considered the best of ALL copies, including the ungraded San Francisco/Reilly copy (coupon clipped supposedly) and the ungraded Bangzoom copy (below), right?

allamerican16.jpeg

Yeah, the Church copy is the best I've ever even heard about. Nothing is close

On 7/21/2019 at 7:19 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good fair point about that. I guess though it most likely be like a year or two from now when most likely we would have more data about if the Hollywood hype(Joker movies) affected Batman 1 compared to Captain America 1.

Should be fun to revisit this thread in the future.

:preach:

:bump:

Joker is about to pass the Superman Man of Steel movie at the box office and become the highest grossing R rated movie at the box office of all time!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/10/14/joker-box-office-halloween-lady-gaga-venom-deadpool-logan-aquaman-gravity-joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-zombieland-maleficent/#3f8ab5728e6e

GA Batman #1 (first Joker) will be worth more than GA Superman #1 in the end.

lol.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Joker is about to pass the Superman Man of Steel movie at the box office and become the highest grossing R rated movie at the box office of all time!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/10/14/joker-box-office-halloween-lady-gaga-venom-deadpool-logan-aquaman-gravity-joaquin-phoenix-todd-phillips-zombieland-maleficent/#3f8ab5728e6e

GA Batman #1 (first Joker) will be worth more than GA Superman #1 in the end.

lol.

This movie could open up an all new way of doing superhero movies with a more mature mood, reaching out for more adult people.

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Are we talking domestic gross or international? It has a little ways to go for both, it's about $180 million behind the top domestic R rated film, and $250 million behind international totals. I think it will pass both, but "just about" makes it seem much closer than it is right now. Probably by the end of the month though.

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

Are we talking domestic gross or international? It has a little ways to go for both, it's about $180 million behind the top domestic R rated film, and $250 million behind international totals. I think it will pass both, but "just about" makes it seem much closer than it is right now. Probably by the end of the month though.

Seeing with my wife this upcoming Saturday. That’s $30 right there 👍🏻   Hope it lives up to all the hype and great trailers 

23 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

World wide international.

Joker also has the handicap that it will not be shown in China like the Man of Steel was, so Joker would have been a billion dollar box office if it got shown in China.

58 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

World wide international.

Joker also has the handicap that it will not be shown in China like the Man of Steel was, so Joker would have been a billion dollar box office if it got shown in China.

China 2013 box-office is a very different animal to China 2019 box-office, but Suicide Squad didn't play China either and still made almost $750 mil worldwide. With nearly $550 mil worldwide after two weeks, I'm sure Joker will continue to do quite well.

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

China 2013 box-office is a very different animal to China 2019 box-office, but Suicide Squad didn't play China either and still made almost $750 mil worldwide. With nearly $550 mil worldwide after two weeks, I'm sure Joker will continue to do quite well.

My point is Joker is more popular than Superman now. Joker is about to beat Superman Man of Steel domestically. You were not involved in it, but for years old timers in this GA gold forum always told me GA Superman #1 would be a way better investment than GA Batman #1 first Joker. I argued once Joker got a movie or two we will see. Right now Joker is hotter commodity than Superman.

lol.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

My point is Joker is more popular than Superman now. Joker is about to beat Superman Man of Steel domestically. You were not involved in it, but for years old timers in this GA gold forum always told me GA Superman #1 would be a way better investment than GA Batman #1 first Joker. I argued once Joker got a movie or two we will see. Right now Joker is hotter commodity than Superman.

lol.

I also remember you.. ahem.. predicting the last Tarzan movie would catapult that character's popularity over Superman. I can find it on here, don't tempt me. 

the reason the Joker movie is doing better than "Man of Steel" is because,  Man of Steel is not a good movie, Joker is.

also, any character has peaks and valleys, this version of Joker is being received well, Jared Leto ? not so much, Superman Chris Reeve, yes, Brandon Routh, not so much, Christian Bale Batman, yes, George Clooney Batman, not so much. same with Spider-man, Hulk, etc. 

I'd like to also reiterate my offer from the last time you gave this "prediction". I will gladly trade grade for grade my blue label Batman #1 (no dot version) for a blue label Superman #1. 

any takers??

Edited by thedude

1 hour ago, thedude said:

I also remember you.. ahem.. predicting the last Tarzan movie would catapult that character's popularity over Superman. I can find it on here, don't tempt me. 

the reason the Joker movie is doing better than "Man of Steel" is because,  Man of Steel is not a good movie, Joker is.

also, any character has peaks and valleys, this version of Joker is being received well, Jared Leto ? not so much, Superman Chris Reeve, yes, Brandon Routh, not so much, Christian Bale Batman, yes, George Clooney Batman, not so much. same with Spider-man, Hulk, etc. 

I'd like to also reiterate my offer from the last time you gave this "prediction". I will gladly trade grade for grade my blue label Batman #1 (no dot version) for a blue label Superman #1. 

any takers??

:hi:

DaveHester .jpg